Prologue.

*A/N: Sorry, something went wrong with the prologue. So I had to republish it ❤️*

"I thought I made it clear that I wanted nothing to do with you afterwards. Why don't you get it?" Damola had his back leaned on the orange wall behind him. His eyes lazily roamed that of Chelsea Asogwa's; the girl who had mistaken them to be in a relationship because he had had a few flings with her.

"How can you even say that?" Her voice broke, and he simply heaved a sigh. Why was she making him seem like the heartless one? He had already told her that there couldn't be anything serious between them afterwards. He had made it clear, and she had understood.

"I told you before, I do not date. I just have flings" he said.

"Why?" She sobbed. "I was hoping I would be able to change your mind" she sniffled and he found himself feeling guilty. Something he shouldn't be feeling.

"Can you leave already? I'm tired of having this conversation with you" he said, making sure to avoid her gaze.

"What do you even mean by that? Don't you—"

"Chelsea, please don't make this any more complicated. I've already told you that they can't be anything existing between us. Don't you get it?" He didn't want to get upset, but he felt he was.

"You're hurting me by saying that. Do you know that?" She had a fresh batch of tears rolling down her fair cheeks.

Damola groaned. "Can you please leave?" He had his hands now in his pockets.

"No, Damola. You can't do this to me, and think I'll just leave like that. What do you take me for? A whore? For God's sake! I have genuine feelings for you!" she walked closer to him. Her hands found his and she kept coming closer. He watched her, uninterested, yet he didn't move nor did he say anything.

Watching her get closer, he rolled his eyes. "Let go of me" he finally said, rather drily.

"Why? You used to like this. What changed?" A smirk slipped onto her lips.

"A lot has, Chelsea" How could he forget she could be a seductress? But even if she could, she just wasn't getting the point. Even in a million years, he wouldn't be able to date her.

"I want us to work out" she inched closer, placing her head on his chest and drawing him closer. He stayed put, didn't flinch nor did he do anything else to her. The last thing he wanted was to hurt someone, but it seemed like he was unintentionally doing so.

"I know you love me, you're just trying so hard to ignore it" she continued, and he found himself wishing he could just laugh out loud. Him? Love her? No. He wouldn't, not even if she were to be the only girl left on planet Earth.

"I do not" he said, firmly.

"Really?" She lifted her head, tilting her head to the side to meet his gaze. "You don't mean that" she concluded and inched in and kissed him.
"We are two adults who know what we want. You know it too" she continued, placing another kiss on his lips.

Again, Damola groaned, and finally pried her hands off him. "Go home" he said, as blunt as he could be.

"You—"

"Leave, Chelsea" he urged, and her tears began to well up in her eyes.

"Why are you acting this way, Damola? Please, please don't do this to me. I'm begging you" her tears ran down her cheeks recklessly, and he shut his eyes; trying so hard to ignore the feeling of guilt he was suddenly having.

"Chelsea... The last thing I want is to hurt you" he said, his eyes finally fluttered open and he stared at her. They were both staring at each other.