Chapter 24

"Why are we running?" Meera asked Kabir as they ran through the jungle. "I could have taken them."

"For the third time....they have guns!" Kabir looked at Meera like she grew a second head.

BANG! BANG!

"Ahh!" Meera screamed as they ducked at the sound of the guns shooting. Looking behind them, she saw that the Abdul and his brothers were not that far behind them. "They are catching up to us!"

Kabir ran faster zig zagging so it was harder for them to be followed. After awhile, Kabir turned back and couldnt see them but could still hear them.

"Know how to climb a tree?" Kabir asked.

"Yeah....why?"

"Come on, get up..." he pushed Meera towards a thick tree.

"This tree?" Meera asked disgusted touching the moss.

"Yes...this tree. Now climb." Meera climbed up with Kabir following behind. "Now we have to be very still and quiet."

"This is so high..." Meera looked down and whispered.

"Scared?" Kabir asked.

"No..." Meera looked at Kabir, "Maybe a little. What if I fall?"

"Its fine..." Kabir chuckled, "I wont let you fall."

"Its them..." Meera pointed to the ground where Abdul, Faisal & Javed were looking around.

"Where the hell did they go?" Abdul yelled.

"Bhai, what if they got out of the jungle?" Javed asked.

"I dont think so...they were just now infront of us. You two look there & I will look there." Abdul replied and the three of them split up heading in different directions.

"Lets get out of here....there should be someone on the main road who can help us." Kabir said. Getting off the tree, Kabir looked around a bit confused.

"Kabir.....tell me you know the way back to the main road"

"Uhhhh....."

"KABIR!"

"What! I was a little busy saving us from those guys!" Kabir protested, "Why werent you paying attention?"

"Kabir, you took us into the jungle...you were leading the way. Who told you to come here? If we were on the road we wouldnt have gotten lost."

"Yeah and those guys could have caught us easily."

"Because this is soooo much better right?"

"At least we are alive!"

"For now, who knows about later? There could be wild animals here and those guys are also still in here....if they catch us then?"

"You know what, lets just go this way. we'll figure it out." Kabir stopped the arguement and started walking in a random direction.

"Fine..."

------------------------------------------------------

Location: Oberoi Industries

After helping her parents move in, Alia took a taxi to Oberoi Industries where she went straight to Meera's cabin but didnt find her there. She then went to Dev's cabin and knocked.

"Come in." Alia entered the room. "Hey Alia, where were you and Meera from the morning?"

"What? You mean....Meera isnt here yet?"