Chapter 46

"Meeru..." Anika whispered to herself as she felt like something bad was happening. Looking around, she noticed that Meera wasnt there.

"Jiji...what happened?" Gauri asked.

"Nothing...ill just be back in a sec." Anika walked to where the youngsters were sitting. "Kabir...beta, Where is Meera?"

"She went upstairs aunty. To get Jai and Sona's  wedding gift." Kabir replied.

"But its been a few minutes na?" Dev asked. "Its shouldnt take this long."

"Arre...myabe she cant find the gift. Ill go and get her." Kabir got up.

"Haan ok." Anika replied forcing a smile but for some reason she was still very worried about Meera. Kabir walked out of the hall and started towards Meera's room. When he got to the stairs, he felt this unexplainable need to stop and turn around but he didnt see anything so he continued to Meera's room.

"The gift is right here, but...." Kabir noticed the wrapped gift on Meera's bed and then looked around, "Where is Meera?"

Kabir walked to Meera's washroom and opened it but it was empty, just as he was about to leave he stepped on something. Looking down, Kabir saw the necklace that he had given her on her birthday. He bent down and picked up the necklace remembering that Meera had it on.

*Flashback*

"Hey, Priyanka aunty wanted this thali....for Sona's griha pravesh." Kabir said as he handed Meera a pooja thali.

"Oh thanks, I was just coming to get this." Meera said. Kabir then noticed that she was wearing the butterfly necklace.

"You're wearing the necklace." Kabir stated with a smile.

"Of course...you're just now noticing? Its so pretty, I've had it on ever since you gave it to me, and Ill never take it off."

*Flashback End*

"Meera had this on....how is it on the floor?"

Ring! Ring!

Hearing a phone ring, Kabir looked around and followed the sound to the hall outside of Meera's room where he found a phone on the ground under the table.

"Her phone is here too...whats going on? I hope...Meera isnt in some type of trouble." Kabir started getting a sinking feeling in his heart and quickly went downstairs, looking in all the rooms along the way.

"Kabir..." Anika walked upto him, her smile dropping when she didnt see Meera, "Where is Meera?"

"Woh..." Kabir saw how concerned Anika was and just couldnt tell her, "Meera is just coming aunty."

"Oh ok." Anika smiled in relief. Kabir then went towards Shivaay who was talking to Omkara & Siddharth.

"Shivaay uncle..I need to talk to you." He said in a lowly.

"Haan...2 mins." Shivaay said and turned back to Om & Sid.

"I dont have 2 minutes!" Kabir said raising his voice. Everyone looked at him with a questioning look, "Im sorry...but Shivaay uncle, this is important Pls come."

"What happened Kabir?" Shivaay asked as Kabir pulled him to one side. He then told Shivaay everything and showed Meera's phone and necklace to him.

"How is that possible? Meera was just here a minute ago."

"I dont uncle but I looked everywhere & I cant find Meera." Kabir replied.

"What!" They turned around to see Anika standing there panic stricken, "Wh-what do y-you mean you cant find Meera? You said she was coming down."