Chapter 41

That same night...

"O Bete ki..what did you do Anika?" Anika whispered to herself staring at her mehendi. "you have completely lost your mind."

"Ma! Ma?" Meera walked into the room where Anika was currently staying, calling out for her. "Ma I-"

Anika quickly hid her hands behind her back like a guilty child. Meera, noticing her narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

"Ma...what are you hiding behind you?"

"N-Nothing." Anika looked at Meera and then sighed as she raised her eye brows, "Ok ok fine...I'll tell you but first promise you wont say anything!"

"Ok..promise."

"Pinky promise?" Anika held out her pinky finger.

"Pinky promise Ma." Meera smiled and hooked her pinky to Anika's. Slowly Anika brought her hand forward and showed Meera. "Oh wow! You're mehendi is so dark and the colour is so nice...wait, Shivaay? You got Papa's name written?"

"Yeah...its a habit, thats why." Anika lied.

"Really Ma? Where did this habit come frm after 25 years?"

"Meeru you promise..."

"Ok ok...Im not saying anything." Meera held her hands up in surrender.

"And dont say a word about this to your Papa. Okay?"

"Dont worry about that Ma. I wont say a thing." Meera secretly looked towards the door where Shivaay was standing and winked. Shivaay smiled back at Meera and quickly left before Anika could see him.

"I knew it Anika...You will def write my name in your mehendi." Shivaay thought to himself as he walked, "No matter how much you refuse, you still love me alot..."

"Shivaay sir." Khanna called out.

"Hmm, what Khanna."

"Sir, some workers got sick so these two came to replace them." Khanna replied, pointing towards two men.

" Yeah ok, show them to the servant quarters." Shivaay said and was about to go back to his room when he saw Sid & Mallika talking. "Mallika...Sid, what happened?"

"Nothing  Shivaay, just calling the kids. We should go home now. If we are gonna come tomorrow for the sangeet then we need to sleep." Sid replied.

"Oh...they are prob in Meera's room. Why dont you guys stay here until the wedding is over?"

"How? All our things and clothes are at home." Mallika asked.

"So? We can send someone to bring those tomorrow morning.." Shivaay replied. Mallika & Sid looked at each other before agreeing.

"Ok fine...we will stay. It will be fun."

********

"Im back!" Meera came back from talking to her mom to see Jai & Sona cuddling while fawning over Sona's mehendi...which is exactly what they were doing when she had left the room. Meera stood there watching them for a minute and then looked to the others.

"Yeah...they're still at it." Krishna said exasperated.

"GUYS!" Meera yelled, getting Jai & Sona's attention. "Hi...yeah we're still here. You guys know right that you arent even supposed to meet before the wedding and here you are cuddling. Sona come sit here and you boys, sit beside Jai"

Sona frowned but got up and sat beside Alia & the other girls while Pranav, Dev, Kabir, Jai & Ishaan got up and walked to the otherside of the room where Jai was sitting.