Chapter 37

"Meera!...MEERA!"

Meera woke up to a concerned Kabir hovering over her.

"Kabir?"

"Meera...." Kabir looked relieved as he pulled her into a hug and just held her, "Thank God, you're awake."

"Kabir..aah.." Meera flinched as she felt a pain shoot through her head,"What are you doing here?"

"Saving your life."

"What?"

"Well...."

*Flashback*

A few minutes before Meera leaves...

Ring! Ring!

The landline at Oberoi Mansion was ringing when Kabir who just came downstairs answered the call.

*********

K: Hello?

Other Person: Hello, ACP Nayak speaking. May I speak to Mr. Shivaay Singh Oberoi?

K: Oh Im so sorry sir,  but Shivaay uncle is not at home. You can tell me, I'll let him know.

N: Well Mr Oberoi told us to find Abdul aand his brother Faisal. They were probably in hiding which is why we couldnt find them but just know our informers let us know that Faisal was spotted in Bandra. We havent caught him yet so pls stay alert, because that girl....what was her name?"

K: Meera.

N: Yes...because Meera killed Faisal and Abdul's brother, her life could be in danger. These brothers are very dangerous.

K: Yes, thank you for informing us.

**********

Keeping the phone down, Kabir went to the tv room where everyone was watching a movie & Meera had just left.

"Guys....where is Meera?" Kabir asked.

"There was a problem at her Hotel construction site. So she went to get that sorted out." Jai replied.

"Hotel....like the hotel thats in Bandra?"

"Yeah....how many more hotels does she have in Mumbai?" Alia said.

"Oh no....no no no no....Thats not good." Kabir turned and ran out the door.

"What's not good? Kabir.... what happened?" Dev called out behind him, "Kabir!"

Kabir ran to his car and drove to Meera's hotel as fast as he could. When he got there, he saw Meera's car parked at the front.

"Where is she?" Kabir thought to himself . Looking around, he walked to the back of the hotel where he finally saw Meera standing looking down at her phone. Kabir was about to call out to her when he noticed Faisal sitting in a crane that was holding a concrete block way up above Meera's head. Just as Faisal let the concrete block fall, Meera looked up and saw it.

"AAH!" Meera screamed. Kabir quickly ran and pushed her out of the way. The concrete came crashing down where Meera was standing just a second ago. Faisal who had noticed Kabir, jumped out of the crane & started running away.

"HEY! Stop!" Kabir chased him and grabbed his hoodie pulling Faisal back. Faisal quickly punched Kabir to the ground and ran off. Kabir was about to run after him but stopped when he realized that Meera hadn't gotten up after he pushed her. Going back to where she was, Kabir saw Meera was lying still on the ground.