Chapter 29: At Which Fate Decides...

Please visit me on my Patreon account @www.patreon.com/reddcliffe for a little help on easing up the expenses or directly send your donation to my Paypal account @nathanreddd@yahoo.com.

––––Patreon: Pls take note that Instant Billing has been activated!

For the latest updates and news regarding my releases, please follow me on Facebook @www.facebook.com/JEReddcliffe, and/or on twitter @www.twitter.com/jereddcliffe; and finally at my blog as well @jereddcliffe.wordpress.com where I will be posting exclusive chapters for some of my stories in the future, including the Mortal King.

Oh, and please don't forget to leave me your LIKES!!! Thanks!

================================
Chapter 29: At Which Fate Decides...
================================  

From the clouds of mist, they heard a unified march.

One rhythm, like a giant army, their feet alternated in the same tempo.

There wasn't any gong nor any war song but the marching feet of whoever's army in front of them were getting close.

At first it sounded walking, around a hundred more meters off. Then it suddenly stopped. When Siva was about to ask, the ground suddenly shook and a loud roar of a monster echoed from afar with a BOOM.

Cries of men can be heard and the stomping feet roared like thunder. Metal hitting rocks, trembling grounds and sparks of spell flew over.

There was a battle against a Lapis Lazuli that was initiated far up front.

When Volt and Siva confirmed this, they nodded at each other. They were supposed to run away and hide but then the mist subsided.

A loud roar came and Volt and the rest froze.

Only Siva remained unfrozen and he was also the one who knew why.

Remembering the reason they were lost, perhaps those people can help them. As they were far superior in numbers than them, making them enemies for the sake of the hunt is not a wise choice.

So Siva opened his menu and accessed his inventory, into the equipment window, wearing a certain armor.

As he already did the initial sequence of wearing the armor in the Miranda, it only needed a confirmation for him to equip his flying gear.

"Help me later!" He shouted and dashed off.

On the disappearing thick mist, he reached where the Lapis was. Good thing it has a higher ego than a dragon as it savored the «Pose of the King» and roared again.

"Got ya!"

From behind the Lapis, Siva flipped.

Going 400km/hr in mid air wasn't enough to get him to feel Vertigo so he renewed his will as he set his limit bar a bit higher than before.

He was aiming to stab the sword on its right eye but the Lapis saw him and slightly tilted his head to avoid the stabbing attack.

Instead of the eyes, the small soft hole behind his gold eyes were the place where he stabbed, and the monster roared in pain and agony, as it stomped its front legs like a hammer to the ground.

"Right ear huh?" A voice came from the lower side that made Siva gasp.

A swordsman in thick armor had jumped with a stab.

His sword pierced through the Lapis' right shoulder wing and the swordsman quickly pulled it as he danced in mid air.

Siva couldn't believe his eyes.