Chapter 09: Chasing Her 2

Well anyways, please visit me on my Patreon account @www.patreon.com/reddcliffe for a little help on easing up the expenses or directly send your donation to my Paypal account @nathanreddd@yahoo.com.

For the latest updates and news regarding my releases, please follow me on Facebook @www.facebook.com/JEReddcliffe, and/or on twitter @www.twitter.com/jereddcliffe; and finally at my blog as well @jereddcliffe.wordpress.com where I will be posting exclusive chapters for some of my stories in the future, including the Mortal King.

================================
Chapter 09: Chasing Her 2
================================  

After the meeting, Thorn and Loni were the only ones left in the gathering hall.

She was just using her interface to type in a few details on her journal and Thorn was talking to someone else in the comm line.

"I see. Then good luck with your quest. Yes, yes. I will be in touch with you."

He clicked off the line and faced the table where Loni also shut down her task panel and braced herself for the principal topic why she asked to be left here.

"Loni,"

"Is this about my failure?"

Being interrupted on his sentence, Thorn closed his eyes and sighed. "No."

There were empty chairs in the room, the table, a round shaped long table with a space in the middle opening towards the back side.

"Failing to do that mission is... perhaps a lucky strike to our cause. If you have been discovered, you would have fallen by his hands."

"I am not weak!" He retorted lively.

"I know." But Thorn remained calm, sitting down on his leader's chair with his back on the dark wall that can become a large screen for a Real@D call.

"But you are still an asset for this Guild. Even if you can't be defeated easily, with that attitude of yours, it's a given fact that you'll face him head on just to prove your strength. And that's what I want to point out as a weakness in your strength."

"I can take him down!"

"No you can't, Loni. Not before, not now, especially now that he got Cramer's MOD."

The mission Thorn referred to was the mission that Loni said about tailing Siva. One reason why she was excluded in the Intervening Team in the War of Two Powers is because she was trying to tail Siva's location and observing and noting his every move.

It was a necessary if they want to keep him in check. A plan with a big uncertain cog like him would certainly cause big mishap that may arouse failure. Tower of Sol is group, now a guild, that was founded with a specific purpose and function. They are preparing to fight that fulfill that function, that's why as much as possible, they were trying to gather up powerful allies to join their cause.

Cramer's defeat, losing Thor's Hammer (Mjölnir), and even losing a Legendary MOD to the target of his eyes were actually a shameful failure on her side.

But, it was also a trick of its own. The reason why she failed to report sooner is because of the forces that caught her when she was fulfilling her duty. Not only her but the other eyes that also watched Siva was also caught by the people that worked under the Witch of Aarun. 

She was lucky to be able to save herself because those people were just second rate B-ranked hunters. But the other people they've sent to watch The Destroyer's movements weren't as skilled and as lucky as her.