Chapter 05: A Lucky One's Luck

Chapter 5 A Lucky One's Luck

The Coliseum, where the strong devours the weak for the prize of glory, fame, and of course, money. To a few select, they recognize this place as a solace, a place to pour down their stress, a home where they let go of all their combat talents, and for those 'professionals' who treats this game as their income generating jobs, it was their only lifeline.

Many of them choose this place more often than hunting mobs in forests and planes. For one, there was an event in the coliseum where players bet their weapons and equipments, honor, pride, and even their services. It was a way to shorten the trouble of going to the woods for materials and resources.

Of course, only those strong enough and confident enough on their individual strengths can join this event that happens only once a month.

It's the Tournament.

Walled City of Loire, since the beginning of the game, had boasted of their title as one of the most crowded cities when it was the tournament season.

As such, while traversing the streets leading to the place he wanted to meet Dante, Siva's eyes were filled with wonder and delight. Immediately after selling his games to the monster trading shop, after buying the items he had consumed, Siva strolled down the streets looking left and right.

It wasn't like the streets of modern Manila where electronic ads and holograms with flashy girls in bikinis pose for a product. This city, just like Hagonoy, had their streets boasting of treats and information of what the city's main markets were. In this case, it was magic. Temples had different styles. While most of them were still owned by NPC nobles, there are still some who had signs of being managed by players.

Every store, every boutique, almost all of them had their own attractions and gimmicks to attract possible clients and customers. Girls in swimsuits and bunny ears, girls in eye catching sexy maid costumes, players demonstrating products that a particular store offered, street performers and artists, everything in this city was so lively and so magical that it was too far to even be compared to the industrial and Mumbai-ish ambiance of the Walled City of Hagonoy.

Siva continued to walk passed the people, with his own pace and style, became a leaning attraction from those who also wore the same mask as him. They probably thought of him as a diehard fan of not The Destroyer but the now getting famous 'Volume Hunter'.

He ignored them, of course, but their fashion and their attitude is something to be noted. They seem to really look at him and insult his clothes, saying things about The Destroyer being this and that.

But Siva have a destination. Looking for Angel Café only needed a few common world tricks. He asked for directions, remembered the signs, and when he finally landed on the street leading to his destination, he didn't waste time and run.

Angel Café.

He should have went to the Coliseum but trusting the knight captain on his words meant another issue. So he chose the most logical thing to do in his situation and went straight to the destination he was assigned.

Turns out, this place wasn't a well known destination.

In truth, Angel Café doesn't even have the slightest bit of impression it had with its name. What he thought was a place with white, gold, and silver atmosphere, in bubbles and flowers with angels that sing and danced, was actually a place in the back alleys of the back alley.

Located at some corner of a dark and shadowy area in the city, Angel Café was, in the old English novels, a place where ruffian clothed people gather. 

Be it players or NPCs, their appearance are all the same without as much as a difference. Or perhaps that would be blamed with them drinking together without care.