Chapter 25: Side B, The Memory (2)

Well anyways, please visit me on my Patreon account @www.patreon.com/reddcliffe for a little help on easing up the expenses or directly send your donation to my Paypal account @nathanreddd@yahoo.com.

For the latest updates and news regarding my releases, please follow me on Facebook @www.facebook.com/JEReddcliffe, and/or on twitter @www.twitter.com/jereddcliffe; and finally at my blog as well @jereddcliffe.wordpress.com where I will be posting exclusive chapters for some of my stories in the future, including the Mortal King.

================================
Chapter 25: Side B, The Memory (2)
================================

[Inside the tower —in the fortress that was said to have been impossible to break through, I used my specialty magic to sneak in.

My silver hair was a sign of the magic that I can wield and also because of my hair and that magic, I can only use a few more low ranking magic to fill my Manna consumption.

*Spatial Manipulation Ability*

If my 'memory' when I was born would be 1GB in the human terms, then the space that my inborn ability has used would be around 90% of that.

I was born with this ability to ignore space and time in an area I designate as 'my territory'.

Using that ability, I sneaked in passed through guards and the sentinels, afraid of the wrath that the angry Commander Flynn would bestow on me.

Designating an unseen space in an unseen area takes a toll of manna on me. I don't know if there are people on the other side of the wall or am I going to land in an area with prisoners or inside a tank, I blindedly used my ability because of one single fact.

Master Merlin had never once asked me to do a special task in our whole apprentice-master relationship...

Ever!

It's always been me making up excuses and making us escape angry patrons and travelers whenever we are in trouble because of his clumsiness.

If it's me, I can just switch places with a rock whenever 'the' accident was about to hit me.

That would save my ass. But never have I actually saw my master that serious before. That's why it made me happy that I was of use for once in my life. Finally.

When I reached the place where the hidden tower was supposed to be, a large wall with the top covered by clouds and fog with rocky hills greeted me.

I can't see the top so I don't know if there really is a tower in there or not. The wall was also high enough that I can't just jump up there randomly without knowing if there were any trap there.

So I went into the door, into the place with the opening for peeking out and knocked.

The sliding window opened and I flicked my fingers, I switched places with the knight who opened the door.

The sounds of war was still outside, covering the noise of vacuum that my ability made.

But to my surprise, I saw two guards beside me, 

"Huh?"

"What?"

I hurriedly flicked my fingers and the two guards was replaced by an empty space with only the silhouette of air remaining.