Chapter 14: Spider Web of Emotions

Well anyways, please visit me on my Patreon account @www.patreon.com/reddcliffe for a little help on easing up the expenses or directly send your donation to my Paypal account @nathanreddd@yahoo.com.

For the latest updates and news regarding my releases, please follow me on Facebook @www.facebook.com/JEReddcliffe, and/or on twitter @www.twitter.com/jereddcliffe; and finally at my blog as well @jereddcliffe.wordpress.com where I will be posting exclusive chapters for some of my stories in the future, including the Mortal King.

================================
Chapter 14: Spider Web of Emotions
================================

Scion grabbed the hand shaking her shoulders. 

"Rex!"

"Amanda, are you alright?"

But when she opened her eyes, she saw the unfamiliar face of her friend's avatar, FlowerLord, looking at her with a worried expression.

Scion sat on the bed.

"Rex... he's... what happened to him? Why did all these happened to him? Alice... why? Why him?"

She was trembling and sobbing on FlowerLord's lap. A sense of coldness draped the room and Scion was embraced by a warm set of hands to her back.

"He has done nothing to deserve this!"

"We can't... do anything about it. But, Amanda, listen to me. There is something else more important that you should know."

"(sniff) What?"

"It concerns you and Rex. And perhaps... you might be able to save and protect him if this succeeds..."

Scion took a moment and fell silent. Then she used her arms and sleeve to dry her cheeks in a childish way. A red eyed goddess stared at FlowerLord then she sat down beside her friend.

"Alice, tell me. If there's something I can do to stop those people from getting to him, then I will do it."

"Alright. Listen, there's a Dark Group that trades off the blueprints of famous players all around Terroa. And there's a large chance that they are targeting Rex's own invention. The good news is, Rex haven't put on his BP in the Database for sale and even access. It was still protected by the system as long as it stays that way."

"You mean he's being pursued because of that? Alice, that's what puts him in more danger! What if they force him to do what they want?"

"I know. While you were unconscious, Kathleen and I talked to the TOS Guild members and we learned that they have a plan to stop the Dark Group."

"What is it?" 

At this question, FlowerLord paused. Then she took her friend's hands and held on to them tightly.

"They are going to trap their avatars and track their IP addresses in the real world. They will charge them of illegal trading and interrogate them of their contacts."

"I'm in. I want to help." 

Scion's reply came without hesitation. But FlowerLord wasn't finished yet and her expression bid a warning of anxiety.

"Amanda, this concerns you as a member of the TOS Guild. No. More accurately, you will be part of the main force that will hunt down these people."

"Me?! Why? Can't I just be there as a mascot? I can at least do that if they explain to me what to do."

"It's more complicated than that, Amanda. The people we're going after are S-ranked players and owns MODs that has rarities of Special to Legendary. TOS is a very strong Guild but even them had been defeated many times trying to trap one member of this Dark Group."