one

september 7th, 1975 - marauders room

"How was your first day as Captain, Prongs?" Sirius asks, sprawled on his bed, his head hanging off the edge of it.

"Amazing. We're preparing for a game against the Ravenclaw team." James hums. Remus perks up at the mention of the Ravenclaw team and decides to pay close attention to the conversation. His sudden interest doesn't go unnoticed by his friends.

"When is it?" Remus asks, trying to act nonchalant, but Sirius and James see right through it.

"You planning on cheering for your favourite captain?" James asks jokingly, making Remus huff and cross his arms, knowing that they won't hesitate to tease him about his two year long crush.

"Unless your name is suddenly Lorelei, it's certainly not you." Peter says teasingly and James snickers in amusement.

"Very funny. I was just trying to show interest in your hobbies, Prongs." Remus says defensively, knowing well enough they won't believe that. He tries to pretend like he stopped paying attention by going back to his assignments.

"It's this coming Friday, will you be available Moony?" James asks, making Remus roll his eyes. Although he was annoyed at his friends for the constant teasing, he smiles softly, looking forward to this coming Friday. 

He never had the chance to talk to her. She was a year above him, so she didn't share any classes with him, and she'd spend her time mostly with her friends or practicing for Quidditch. Which meant, he'd simply admire her from afar. Sometimes, if he was lucky, in the Great Hall, they'd walk passed each other and she'd smile at him.

"I think he'll most definitely clear his schedule." Sirius retorts, making James snort.

"You know, for someone who keeps getting rejected, you have a big mouth." Remus points out, making James' smile drop and Sirius laughs, Peter wincing with an amused smile.

Remus was a little envious of James. Even though he kept getting rejected by his crush, he had the courage to talk to her and go as far as asking her out. Of course it never exactly worked out for him, but he had an advantage that Remus could only dream to have.

"Sensitive subject, why would you bring that up?" James asks dramatically and Remus chuckles, shaking his head at him.

"I feel bad for you two fools. Hopelessly in love with someone, who either dislikes you or someone, who doesn't even know you exist." Sirius hums, making the two give him a look.

"And you'd be an expert in this?" Peter asks, leaning forward, interested in what Sirius could possibly say.

"Of course. The ladies love me." Sirius smirks, making James shake his head and Remus roll his eyes at him.

He knew that Sirius wasn't completely wrong about that. Most of the girls did love Sirius' brooding, mysterious look. Sirius and James could easily get any girl they wanted. Of course, James was too in love with Lily Evans to care, but as the Gryffindor's Team star player, he had the attention of every other girl.

"Maybe you should give Moony and Prongs a few tips." Peter jokes and Sirius smirks as he switches position so that he is sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Easy. James, first step, stop seeming so desperate. Remus, first step, talk to her." Sirius says firmly and Remus shakes his head.

"I could never. Why would she ever talk to me?" Remus asks rhetorically, making Sirius shake his head disapprovingly.

"That's not the right attitude. You won't get anywhere if you think like that. You should be wondering why would she not talk to you." Sirius instructs him, and Remus just shakes his head again.

"Not happening. I think I'll just stay on the side lines." Remus hums, causing James to shake his head.

"No way. This is the year that we will put you on the field, front line. You will get the girl." James says firmly and Remus doesn't believe him, as he raises an eyebrow.

"Will you get the girl, James?" Remus asks, making James huff and shake his head.

"You're a twat, Moony." James grumbles, making Remus chuckle and Sirius snickers.