four

september 13th, 1975 - great hall

Remus rests his head against the table, not paying attention to his friends. Last night had been another short night, thanks to James and Sirius arguing all night about what Muggle song would be Dumbledore's favourite.

It had gotten to the point that Sirius had turned into his dog form and chased James around the room, getting dog fur everywhere. His sleeping schedule was already a mess in itself, he didn't need his friends to add on to it.

"Lupin, you look like you haven't slept in years." He looks up at the mention of his name, to see Emily walking past him. His friends' conversation had stopped as they noticed the three girls.

"You okay, Rem?" Lorelei asks as she moves from behind her friends to look at him. He smiles softly, happy to see her up and about again.

"Just sleep deprived. You look great. I mean, you recovered well... quickly." He gets flustered, making her giggle and shake her head.

"Nothing Madame Pomfrey can't do. After a good night's sleep, I was ready to go." She hums, taking a seat next to him. Emily sits down next to Sirius and Lesley next to Peter. "You should try getting some sleep too."

"Try sleeping with those idiots in the same room." Remus grumbles, making both James and Sirius gasp.

"I thought you loved us, Moony." James says dramatically, making Lorelei look at them in amusement.

"What could possibly be bad about sharing a room with them?" Lesley asks curiously, leaning forward to look at Remus.

"Well you know. Never ending arguments about trivial things." Remus answers, glaring playfully at the two boys across him.

"There is nothing more important than figuring out what Muggle song is Dumbledore's favourite." Sirius says firmly and Lorelei snorts, shaking her head.

"We had that discussion in our first year. Lory had no idea what Muggle music was so it was so much more funny to argue with her about it." Emily snickers, and Sirius' eyes spark in excitement at the thought. Emily was a Muggleborn, making her knowledge in Muggle music superior to Lorelei.

"It's not fair. It was literal bullying." Lorelei says dramatically and Remus chuckles softly.

"She burst into tears because she was so confused. It was so cute." Lesley giggles. She was a halfblood, so she also knew quite a bit when it came to Muggle stuff.

"Aww. If it makes you feel better. Remus taught us everything we know." James says, as Lorelei blushes in slight embarrassment. She looks up at Remus and smiles.

"Where were you when they were traumatising me?" Lorelei asks teasingly and he chuckles, shrugging innocently.

"Trying to find a will to live." He says nonchalantly, making Lorelei gape at him, before hitting him softly.

"Remus Lupin. Don't say that." She scolds him, making him smile sheepishly.

"Sorry." He looks down.

"Careful, Lupin. She will mother you." Lesley says jokingly, making James gasp.

"Don't take my job away!" James exclaims, making Lorelei give him a look.

"You're doing a terrible job, Potter. Look at this poor soul. The eye bags. Caused by you nonetheless." Lorelei hums disapprovingly, as she softly takes Remus jaw in her hand and makes him look up at her.

"I get that you're older than me but it's not a reason to baby me." Remus points out. His heart was beating extremely fast, he wouldn't be surprised if she could hear it. He couldn't believe that just week ago, they had never said a word to each other and now she was worrying for his health.

"But you are baby." She pouts and he chuckles softly. She lets go of him, which saddens him. He already missed her touch.

"I can't believe she took my mom title away." James grumbles, making her turn and smile at him. Remus couldn't keep his eyes off her. His staring didn't go unnoticed by his friends or her friends, she seemed to be the only one oblivious to his admiring gaze.

"You'll be the Godmother." She hums and James sighs, before nodding in agreement with a wide grin.

"Or you could be his wife and James stays the mother." Sirius suggests, making both her and Remus blush. He glares at his best friend, who seemed extremely proud of his comment.

"Shut it, Black." Lorelei says under her breath, but Sirius hears her and snickers.

"Lory. We gotta go, Potions starts soon." Lesley says, making the blonde groan.

"Fine! Okay. I'll see you fools around." Lorelei stands, Emily doing the same. Remus looks up at her, wishing she could stay longer. "Get some rest, Rem. Okay?"

"Okay." He nods, making her smile and ruffle his hair, before leaving. Remus watches longingly as the three girls leave, laughing among each other.

"Hey, Rem. I think you have a little drool over here." Sirius says jokingly, making Remus snap his head towards him and glare. He shouldn't have expected anything less from Sirius.

"Whatever." Remus huffs, making his friends laugh.