three

september 11th, 1975 - gryffindor commons

Remus walks down the stairs to the Commons, a bunch of chocolate in his hands. He was planning on giving them to Lorelei, who was currently recovering from her fall in the Hospital Wing. He wanted to let her know he was grateful for what she had done for his best friend.

"The full moon is not for another few days, what are you doing with all that chocolate?" Peter asks, noticing him walk past. Peter, Sirius and James are all seated near the fireplace in the Commons.

"Uh, I'm just hungry." Remus lies, knowing that if he told them the real reason he'd never hear the end of it.

"We just had lunch." Sirius points out, raising an eyebrow suspiciously.

"Werewolf stamina you know. It makes me really hungry." Remus hums, trying to find and excuse. But it's clear that they obviously don't believe him.

"Sure. Why do I have a feeling you're about to go see a certain Seeker?" Sirius asks and Remus' eyes widen.

"I can see James right there." Remus acts dumb, receiving a glare in response.

"Moony. Just admit, you're going to see Lorelei." James muses and Remus huffs, knowing there is no point in denying it anymore.

"Whatever. I'm just dropping those off as a way to say thank you." Remus huffs, making them all snicker as he walks away.

His cheeks are a light shade of pink as he makes his way out of the Commons. He makes his way to the Hospital Wing, deciding he'll just drop off the chocolate and then leave. As he reaches the big doors to the Hospital Wing, he slowly pushes them open, popping his head in. He notices Madame Pomfrey look up and smile at him.

"Remus. What brings you here?" She asks him and he smiles sheepishly.

"I just wanted to drop this off." He says, as he walks in, using his foot to close the door. He glances towards where Lorelei is laying, reading a book and Madame Pomfrey smiles knowingly, before nodding for him to go ahead. He makes his way towards where Lorelei is, catching her attention.

"Lupin! I wasn't expecting you here." She smiles happily, putting her book down.

"Sorry. I just wanted to give you these, as a thank you. I didn't really know which you like, so I brought all sorts." He hums as he puts down the chocolate on the table which is already adorned with flowers.

"That's so sweet of you. Thank you." She blushes and beams happily, making him blush as well.

"It's a pleasure." He hums, backing away a little. "Well, I'll see you around then. I wish you a quick recovery."

"Remus." She says, stopping him from leaving as he looks at her questioningly. She smiles and pats the side of the bed, signalling for him to sit down. "I'm not gonna be able to finish that chocolate all alone. Stay."

"Oh..." He breaths out, not having expected her to say. She notices his shocked face and chuckles.

"I'm Half Veela, not Half Vampire. I don't bite." She jokes, making his widen in shock.

"I don't... no, uh. It's not that, I just-" She cuts him off, giggling at his flustered reaction.

"I'm pulling your legs, Lupin. Now, sit your arse down and pass me some of that." She says, making him let out a breathy chuckle. He takes a seat on the edge of the bed and hands her some of the chocolate. "You know, for someone who is friends with people that pull extravagant pranks, you're quite shy."

"You know... you know about that?" He asks and she gives him a look, as she unwraps the chocolate.

"Merlin's beard, Rem. Of course. It's kind of hard not to. Although, it's always Black and Potter. I always wonder how they always come up with those ideas." She hums and he smiles sheepishly.

"I'd say fifty percent of the time it's me." He admits, making her eyes widen with an amused smile.

"I get it now. Behind all that shyness is a mischievous genius." Lorelei teases and he chuckles softly, as he pops a chocolate into his mouth.

"Well, Sirius and James share one singular brain, so it's not easy for them to think all the time." He says jokingly, after having swallowed the chocolate. She giggles, shaking her head.

"You're pretty easy to talk to, Rem. Shame we never hung out before." She hums and he shrugs as he looks down.

"Well, I'm a year below you. So you really have no reason to hang out with me." He points out and she shakes her head.

"That really shouldn't matter. I think you're a kind person, that's a reason enough." She hums, making him look up at her and his heart flutters. "I still remember the first time I ever saw you. It was when you were being Sorted. You were so tiny."

"You make it sound like I'm a hundred years younger than you." He says teasingly and she giggles. He was both surprised and happy to know that she had noticed him already in his first year.

"I'm quite the old soul as you may see." She hums and he snorts. Before he can say anything in response, another voice from behind him, startles him.

"And here we were worried you were feeling lonely." He turns to see Emily and Lesly smirking as they stand in front of the bed. "Good to see you here, Lupin."

"Hi." He smiles shyly, a blush rising to his cheeks. He turns to look back at Lorelei and smiles softly. "I'll go then."

"Okay. Thank you for coming. I appreciate it. And once I get out of here, you and your friends have to hang out with us." Lorelei says pointedly and he nods.

"I'll see you around." He hums, before standing up and leaving. He can't help the wide grin to make its way on his lips as he walks out of the Hospital Wing.

Giddily, he makes his way back to the Commons, where he finds his friends still seated. They notice him walk in with a wide grin and they give each other knowing smiles, as he slumps into one of the couches and lets out a dreamy sigh.

"Dear Moony. Do tell us, what's got you all giddy like that?" James asks with a smirk and Remus' grin widens even more.

"Consider step one of Sirius' plan done." Remus breaths out and Sirius smirks, feeling proud of his best friends.

"Thats my boy. When I tell you that by the end of this school year, you and her end up together. I mean it." Sirius says excitedly, but Remus ignores him as he can't help but daydream about her smile and her laughter. The same smile he had fall in love with years ago, now he had been the cause of it.