eleven

october 1st, 1975 - great hall

"Sirius Orion Black! I will slap you right into the next century." Emily huffs as Sirius snickers at the pouting girl. Lorelei and Remus, who were in a conversation, turn to look at the two in confusion. It was only them four, James had practice, while Peter and Lesley had run off together somewhere.

Sirius and Emily had chosen to play a game of chess, but Sirius had been trying to distract the poor girl into loosing by make random comments that are absolutely absurd. He had succeed into annoying Emily so much that she had gotten so distracted and lost.

"You okay, Em?" Lorelei asks her friend in amusement and Emily, in her state of annoyance, looks up with a glare. Lorelei doesn't need her to say anything to know the answer. She turns back to look at Remus, who seems both amused and worried.

"This boy annoys me. Can we throw him into the lake?" Emily asks, making Sirius gape at her in disbelief.

"I'll help you." Remus chimes in, making Sirius gasp and Lorelei snickers, shaking her head.

"Let's not throw him into the lake." Lorelei giggles, making Sirius huff and cross his arms with a pout.

"Thanks, Lory. At least someone is on my side. I can't believe you betrayed me like that, Moony." Sirius grumbles and Remus shakes his head at his friend.

"Whatever, Prongs. Don't be so whiny." Remus teases, making Sirius glare at him, but his eyes told a different story as they glistened in amusement.

"What would your crush think if she saw you act like this?" Sirius asks, a smirk playing on his lips. Remus' eyes widen as he gets all flustered. Sirius is well aware of the little game between Lorelei and Remus, so are James and Peter. Lorelei perks up at the mention of the mysterious crush.

"When do I get my next clue?" Lorelei asks with excitement.

"You know the rules, Lory." Remus clears his throat, trying to regain his composure. Lorelei pouts, as her shoulder drop.

"Fine. But I don't even know what to do." Lorelei whines and Remus chuckles, shrugging innocently.

"Seduce him until you get all the answers." Emily suggests with a proud grin, making Sirius snicker as Lorelei and Remus look at her with wide eyes.

"I would pay to see that." Sirius hums and Remus glares at him.

"Yeah. Other options. What is it about Remus Lupin that will make him think I'm worthy?" Lorelei wonders aloud, not intending for the question to be answered by anyone in particular.

"Remus is a simple guy, but he's also very complex." Sirius chimes, making Lorelei turn to look at him in interest. "He is very studious, calm, smart, shy, caring and trustworthy. I think, to get your answers, you have to prove to yourself worthy. Be a person, you think is worth the time of Remus John Lupin."

"Was the middle name necessary?" Remus grumbles, causing Sirius to wink at him with a smirk.

"Someone worth his time. Okay, so be the best person I could ever be." Lorelei exclaims, clearly determined. Remus glances at her and smiles softly.

What she didn't know, was that she already was worth his time and more. He'd give her the world, if he could. She was by far one of the most amazing persons he'd ever met. The way she didn't let other bring her down, her curiosity, her desire to achieve as much as she could. All of that, made her already the best person ever.

"Ask a question." She looks at him with wide eyes.

"What is she like?" He hadn't expected that question, but he smiles softly.

"She is a very curious person." Remus hums, making Lorelei grin.

"A clue! Brown eyes and very curious. That's a Ravenclaw characteristic. Does that mean she is a Ravenclaw?" Lorelei asks and Remus gives her a look.

"One answer only." Remus reminds her and she huffs, but her smile doesn't shift.

"Okay. I'm glad you got to answer a question today." Lorelei beams and he smiles warmly.

"At this rate, you'll soon know who it is." He muses and she giggles, shaking her head at him.

"Are you saying I'm a person worth your time?" She asks, tilting her head a little slightly and he chuckles.

"You certainly are worth it and more." Remus says, leaning on his elbows. A slightly blush tints her cheeks and he feels his heart skip beat. He felt himself fill with pride, knowing that he's the reason behind her blush.

"Smooth Remus. Real smooth." Emily smirks, making Remus blush slightly and look down.