twentyfour

10th November, 1975 - quidditch field

Remus rushed down towards where the teams are gathering after the match. As Sirius had predicted, Ravenclaw had lost. Martin had not been able to stop a single Quaffle from going through the the goalposts. Gryffindor had won with 400 points and Ravenclaw lost with 10 points. It had been a pathetic loss, for lack of better words, this bad of a loss had never happened with Lorelei as captain. Sure, Ravenclaw didn't always win, but they had never been far behind.

The group of friends rushed to where they saw both teams waiting. Remus could see the Gryffindor celebrating, except for James who looked a little guilty as he talked with Lorelei. From where he stood, it seemed like Lorelei was trying to assure James to not feel bad about this game. As they got closer the two captains, they turned to look at them and smile softly at the group.

"You okay, Lory?" Remus asks softly, worry clearly etched on his face. She shrugs slightly in response.

"It's going to put us back a little in the final ranking, but we had good games against the Slytherin and Hufflepuff teams, so I don't think it'll be too bad." Lorelei hums calmly and Remus sighs, feeling a little relieved to see her doing okay.

"Okay so what now?" Lily asks, making Lorelei glance over her shoulder at her team and takes a deep breath.

"Now. We get started. Will you hold this for me, please?" Lorelei asks Remus as she holds up her broom. He nods and takes it from her carefully. She smiles gratefully, before she turns around and walks to her team.

"Should we get closer?" Regulus asks, clearly curious as to what they were going to talk about. Remus was just as curious as Regulus.

"Just a little. So that we're not to obvious." Marlene says as she takes two steps closer, making the others do the same.

"Let's add another two." Dorcas says as she takes two larger steps. Sirius snorts, slightly amused by this as they all do the same. From here, they could hear what Lorelei was saying, while keeping a big enough distance.

"We're going to have to work on the techniques and positions at practice. We can't have this happen again." Lorelei says to her team, who nod in understanding, except for Martin who seemed unhappy.

"Or maybe next time, you could do something when we're struggling." Martin snaps, making the whole team gape at him. Remus clenches his jaw, trying not to jump in and give Martin a piece of his mind, knowing that this was something she had to handle.

"Martin, she's the seeker. She is supposed to be going after the snitch. It was up to us to stop the other team." One of the beaters says and Martin simply just scoffs.

"Or maybe, she purposely gave us this plan to sabotage us." Martin accuses her and Lorelei raises her eyebrows in disbelief. Obviously that was the truth, but he wasn't supposed to know that.

"Are you accusing the team captain of purposely sabotaging the team to lose?" Lorelei asks in a dangerously calm manner. Chills ran downs Remus' back at how cold she sounded.

"That's insane, mate. She is by far one of the best captains this team has ever had." A chaser speaks up, making Martin shake his head.

"She's been hanging out with the Gryffindor Captain and his friends. Especially Lupin." Martin snarls, causing Lorelei to squint her eyes at him.

"Not only are you accusing me of sabotage, but now you're insinuating I'm cheating on you?" Lorelei asks rhetorically and crosses her arms over her chest.

"Am I wrong?" Martin asks, raising his chin up to look down at her. Remus looks at Lorelei and wonders what she could be thinking. Clearly the rest of the team is uncomfortable, their star captain and their star player arguing like this was never a good sign.

"Harvey, do we know anyone who wants a position as keeper? Ours seems to have forgotten what respect is." Lorelei says after a while of silence. The Chaser she addressed, looks at her in slight shock.

"You wouldn't dare replace me." Martin says confidently and she chuckles dryly. She takes a few steps forward and looks up at him, her eyes filled with cold rage.

"Watch me." She smirks, before she turns around and walking towards where her friends are. "Harvey keep me updated on the search for a new keeper."

"Got it." Harvey nods, before he and a few other team members walk away, leaving Martin behind. Lorelei walks up to Remus and takes her broom back.

"Let's go. There is nothing left to do here." She says, making him nod. Without even glancing at Martin, she walks away with her friends. "Shall we celebrate Gryff's win?"

"No way. Let's celebrate your freedom." James grins, making her chuckle. It was clear that James felt a little guilty about the Gryffindor winning this way, but she didn't mind or care. As long as they could put an end to this, she could live with the loss.

"This is going to be an eventful few days." Emily muses, making Lorelei snicker and nod in agreement.

"You bet your ass."