twentyone

3rd november, 1975 - courtyard

"Good afternoon ladies." James jumps in front of the three girls, his three friends right behind.

"Hey, boys! Happy birthday Sirius." Emily says, making Sirius beam happily as he stands next to James.

"Any plans for this special day?" Lorelei asks, giving Remus a soft smile, before looking at Sirius. The latter smirks' having already planned some mischief with his other friends, for the day.

"Yes. This why we are here. Would you like to join us on an adventure?" Sirius asks, making the three girls give each other looks, before looking back at the four boys. Remus was hoping that Lorelei would come, so that he could finally spend time with her outside of Hogwarts. Of course today wasn't about him, but nevertheless, he truly wanted to spend more time with her.

"Yes, absolutely." Emily says without hesitation, making Sirius smirk happily.

"I guess missing one day of classes can't kill." Lorelei hums, making Lesley nod in agreement. The four boys smile happily, glad they were able to convince them to join.

"Can we at least drop our stuff back at our rooms?" Lesley asks as she holds up her bag as a reminder that they still had them.

"It's okay, just a little detour. We are supposed to meet up with Regelus, Marlene and Dorcas anyway. They're joining us." James answers them as they slowly start making their way to the Ravenclaw tower. Remus moves to stand next to Lorelei.

"Let me carry this for you." He hums softly to her as he takes her bag and she smiles up gratefully. Her warm smile makes his heart skip a beat and he returns it. "I'm glad you're joining us."

"Is that so?" She asks teasingly, raising an eyebrow. He shoves her lightly, a chuckle escaping his lips. "Well, I'm glad you guys asked us. It'll be fun. It'll be like a quintuple date."

"Quintuple? What five couples are there?" He looks at her in amusement and she shrugs innocently.

"You and me, Emily and Sirius, Lesley and Peter, Dorcas and Marlene, last but not least, Regulus and James." She lists off, making his smile widen. His heart skips a beat at her listing them as a couple and he tries not to get overly excited at the thought.

"Regulus and James? A couple?" Remus asks, his eyes wide in amusement and she nods in confirmation. "James likes Lily, love. Not Regulus."

"That's what he thinks. I'll prove it to you." She hums determinedly, a soft blush tainting her cheeks at him calling her love. They soon reach the Ravenclaw tower and Emily takes all the bags, before bringing them to their shared room.

"Okay, great. We're meeting the others near the Whopping Willow." James informs the three girls as soon as Emily returns.

"You trying to get us killed or what?" Lesley asks with wide eyes and Peter chuckles soft, shaking his head.

"Nope. It's just a good place sneak out from." Peter explains to her, but she only frowns in slight worry.

Lorelei looks up at Remus questioningly, who shrugs, not giving away what they were planning. She shakes her head, unconsciously moving closer to him as she slips her hand in his. Remus pulls her even closer and kisses the crown of her forehead.

"Stop being so lovey dovey, you two. Let's go." Sirius calls after them, having an arm wrapped around Emily's shoulders. Remus groans in annoyance at his best friend, before pulling Lorelei along to follow them.

"That's one couple out of five." Lorelei points out and he snorts.

"I never said Emily and Sirius weren't one. I just think they're testing the waters for the time being." Remus states and she hums in agreement.

"Okay, you've got a point. Lesley and Peter are definitely too shy to make a move, but something is there." She says firmly and he nods in agreement as they glance at the two mentioned. "That leaves three couples."

"Dorcas and Marlene are obviously checked already, since they're together." He reminds her and she nods, making a mental note.

"Okay so James and Regulus then." Lorelei says excitedly and he chuckles, shaking his head in denial.

"No way. I don't believe it. I would know if James was gay." Remus points out and Lorelei shakes her head.

"That's where you're wrong. James is pan." She corrects him as they walk out the castle towards the Whooping Willow.

"How could you possibly know that?" Remus asks, making her smirk as they see the other three already waiting for them at the tree.

"Watch and observe, Lupin." She says confidently as James walks up to Regulus, throwing an arm over his shoulder and rubbing his head with his fist. Regulus shoves James away, the older boy laughing as he rolls his eyes and smiles softly.

"No way." Remus gapes as he notices that for a split second Regulus looks at James the same way he looked at Lorelei. The blonde girl smirks in satisfaction. "No. It was a trick of light."

"Are you kidding me? It was so obvious, you can't deny it." Lorelei giggles, watching Remus shake his head in shock.

"I need more prove than just that, Lore." Remus says firmly and she sighs.

"Alright. Fair enough. We have all day anyway. I'll prove it." She says and he chuckles.

"Alright, it's on darling. But what about the last couple? Us?" He asks teasingly, making her blush as she looks at where the others are.

"I'll prove that too." She says, before letting go of his hand and rushing to where their friends are. Remus is left behind, gaping at her, uncertain how to react to that.

"Remus! You coming or you too busy catching flies with your mouth?" Peter calls out for him and he shakes his head, snapping himself out of the daze.

"Yeah. Coming." Remus says as he makes his way to them, shoving Peter slightly for the comment about the flies.