six

september 20th, 1975 - library

"Good evening, Remus." He smiles softly at his fellow Prefect, Lily Evans. Since they'd been chosen as Prefect, they'd taken time to get to know each other.

Prior to that, Lily was simply the girl James was in love with to Remus, and he was simply the best friend of the boy who thought he was all that to her. Only to find out they had more in common than they thought.

"You seem a little sulky." Lily hums as she takes a seat across from him. He lets out a deep breath, resting his chin on his hands that are flat on the table. He looks up at her with a sad smile. "Do tell what is heavy on your heart this lovely evening."

"You'll think I'm weird." He says and she raises an eyebrow, before a soft smirk stretches on her lips.

"You're friends with Potter. I think we are way passed that stage." She says and he chuckles softly. It hurt him to see her look down at James, as if he wasn't worth her time, but he knew he couldn't get involved. Sure, James had begged him to do so, and he'd put in a good word once in a while, but other than that, he wouldn't push her.

"Give the poor boy a break. He's more than what you think he is." He says, making her give him a look. She had seen right through his attempt of changing subject. He lets out a huff. "Fine. There is this girl."

"Oh. There is?" Lily asks, a little disappointed at the thought. She was well aware that it was wrong of her to like him, when his best friend was pinning on her, but she couldn't help it. "Who is it?"

"Lorelei Tucker." He answers softly, not daring to say her name louder in fear they would be heard.

"The Half-Veela?" She gasps out in shock, making him wince. "Remus, you are aware of her ability to enchant men, right?"

"She's not like that." He grumbles, slightly annoyed at her prejudice. He was well aware of her abilities.

"And how would you know? For all you know you could be under her charm." She hisses, her eyes wide and he glares at her angrily. He didn't appreciate the way she spoke of Lorelei. Lily was being unfair. She notices his annoyance and backed down. "Sorry, that was unfair."

"There is more to her than just beauty or her ability to enchant men." He points out and she gives a questioning look.

"You don't know her." She reminds him and he sighs in defeat. She wasn't wrong about that.

"I want to." He mumbles, making her smile sadly.

"You realise she is dating Martin right? He is quite popular among her year. I'm not saying you don't have your own charm, but everyone knows that they've been together for two years now." She says and he looks at her in bewilderment. Three years. That was how long he'd been in love with her and he'd never known that she was already in love.

"Two... Two years? I didn't know." He says weakly, his heart dropping. Her eyes widen.

"Did you even know they were together?" She asks and he shakes his in denial. "Oh, Remus. You're really clueless. Well, does she know?"

"I don't have the same confidence James has to confess my feelings." He chuckles softly and she snorts, shaking her head.

"Nope. Word of advice, don't do what he does. It's... a little too much." She choses her words carefully, knowing full well he'd tell James what she said.

"But then what? Lily, you don't understand how her every being consumes me and she doesn't even know. I don't want to just stand on the side lines." He says desperately and she watches him, she can see how much he felt for her. In that moment she was determined to help him.

"Very well. I can help you." He gapes at her words, he didn't expect that from her. "Have you talked to her?"

"Once or twice." He admits, his heart fluttering at the thought of the short time they had spent together. He hadn't expected to be so comfortable around her, he thought he would stumble over his words and get flustered. But she put him at ease.

"That's a start. How much do you trust me?" She asks and his widen.

"Uh, I'm not sure." He says wearily, she sounded extremely suspicious right now.

"Okay, well you're going to have to trust me on this. I assure by the end of the year, she will be yours." Lily says confidently and he chuckles.

"Sirius believes the same." He hums and she shakes her head in amusement.

"'Course he does."