twentythree

10th november, 1975 - quidditch field

"You've been in a terribly good mood the past week." Sirius muses as they make their way to a spot to sit, where'd they watch the rematch between Ravenclaw and Gryffindors. "I would say because it's the beginning of the end for Martin and Lorelei's relationship, but you can't have been excited for this since last week."

"No. This. This is making me happier. If anything this the beginning of the happiest moments of my life." Remus grins happily as he glances at his friends, who look at him as if he lost his head. For today's match they'd been joined by Dorcas, Marlene, Lesley, Emily, Lily and Regulus.

"Merlin, Remus I wasn't aware break ups made you this happy. Are you sadist by chance?" Regulus asks, making Sirius snort in amusement. Remus gapes at the younger boy and shakes his head.

"No! I'm just happy that we're finally getting rid of a horrible human being." Remus huffs as he takes a seat and Emily smirks, an eyebrow raised questioningly.

"Oh. So it has nothing to do with the fact that you and Lorelei practically admitting to having feelings for each other?" Emily asks teasingly, making Lesley hit her and Remus get flustered as the others look at him in shock.

"Excuse me, what? Since when? Why did you not tell us? Remus, what kind of slander is this?" Sirius asks in disbelief, a look of betrayal in his eyes. Remus rolls his eyes at his overly dramatic friend.

"It happened when we went to London." Remus admits and he could see in Sirius' eyes the thousands of questions flash at once. He knew that once they'd get back to the room and James heard of this, he'd get an earful.

"I'm so happy for you, Remus! Oh, this is wonderful. After so many years." Dorcas says excitedly, making Lesley and Emily look at Remus in shock.

"What? What does that mean?" Lesley asks, making Remus wince. They obviously didn't know that he'd liked Lorelei for so long and Merlin only knew how they'd react once they found out.

"Nothing. She meant nothing." Remus chuckles nervously, but Emily gives him a look that clearly shows she doesn't believe him. He takes a deep breath and sighs in defeat. "Fine. I've kind of liked Lorelei for three years."

"Are you serious?" Emily gasps out.

"No. I am." Sirius smirks proudly, receiving a glare from Emily.

"That's so cute. Why did you not come talk to her sooner?" Lesley asks, a blush rising to his cheeks.

"Because he was shy." Sirius shoves Remus lightly, who huffs in annoyance.

"Shut it. Will you? It's starting." Remus grumbles as he glances at the field just in time to the players flying in.

"You'll have to tell us everything when we get back, Remus." Sirius says sternly, making Remus let out a deep breath and nod in acceptance.

Remus puts his focus on the field where he sees the two teams already in position. He felt a little anxious about this game, knowing what was at stake. If her plan to embarrass Martin failed, everything would fall apart. The plan was simple, get Martin distracted enough that the Gryffindors would get passed him to score. It didn't matter if Lorelei caught the snitch, as long as Martin failed to stop the Gryffindor team from scoring through the goalposts.

"This is going to be hard. Martin is one of the best keepers. Getting him to lose his focus will not work easily." Emily muses, seeming to be a little nervous for the outcome.

"What exactly is the plan? Does anyone know?" Lily asks, glancing at the others for a bit.

"No. Not really." Sirius admits, making Remus sigh. He trusted that Lorelei and James knew what they were doing, but it still made him nervous to not know what was going to happen.

"Okay, well that's reassuring." Marlene huffs as they all pay attention to the players as the game starts.

Remus is unsure whether he should focus on James and Lorelei, chasing for the snitch or on what exactly was going to happen to Martin. It was all so overwhelming and the shouting students, trying to support their team wasn't making it any easier. Choosing to enjoy the game rather than stress... he puts his focus on Lorelei and James.

He wondered how future games between Ravenclaw and Gryffindors would be, when all of this was over and he could call Lorelei his girl. His heart skipped a beat, just at the thought. His girl. How had things gotten to this point, how had what used to be just a mere dream, become now so real. The more he thought about it, the harder it was for him to hold in happiness as he smiled happily.

"Moony. You might want to see this." Sirius says, making Remus glance at him. Sirius was focused on something and following the direction he was looking, Remus turns to look at what had caught the boy's attention. His eyes widened as two Gryffindors flew at full speed towards the keeper, one with a Bludger in hand and the other with the Quaffle. It was clear what they were planning and the oddest part was that there was no other Ravenclaw player in sight to help.

"What the bloody hell?" Remus breaths out and with wide eyes, he watches as the Gryffindor player throws the Bludger at Martin, while the other throws the Quaffle at the goalpost. Too busy trying to dodge the Bludger, Martin doesn't notice the Quaffle fly past him through the highest hoop. "Merlin's beard. Why did no one help him out?"

"Because the others are busy with the rest of the Gryffindor team." Peter points to where the others were. Remus then realised what they had planned. Lorelei had purposely sabotaged her own team to make it easier for the Gryffindors to attack. He felt bad, he knew how much Quidditch mattered to Lorelei and knowing that she had to purposely ruining her game, broke his heart.

"There is no way the Ravenclaw team will win at this rate. Even if Lore gets the snitch." Sirius concludes and Remus leans back in his seat. It was a sacrifice they had to make for this to workout and he wondered if Lorelei was okay with it.