The calm before the storm

A good few years have passed since Sasuke's trip to Suna.

Turns out Kakashi had told the Hokage, of his and Gaara's friendship, and since Gaara has had 3 years of good behaviour, he has been allowed to come to visit Konoha.

Naruto was absolutely excited when he learned he may be making a new friend, but said something that caught Sasuke off guard.

"YES! A new friend believe it! The fox will be so happy!" Naruto yelled.

Sasuke, Naruto, Neji and Hinata were all in the training fields and all of them were confused at Naruto's words.

"T-the what?" Hinata asked.

"The fox! You know Kurama, the massive thing sealed inside me duh" he replied.

Sasuke slapped his hand against his forehead.

"Oi.. dobe, you do know that Kurama is an S Rank secret," Sasuke said.

"Fox? As in the nine-tailed fox, it's sealed inside of you?" Neji asked.

"Yup, I got no reason to hide it from my friends," Naruto said.

"That's s-sort of a-amazing," Hinata said.

"Yup, I know I'm amazing," Naruto said.

Sasuke sighed, this was going to be interesting. He and Gaara have been talking through letters and Gaara was starting to sound like his older self.

Soon a hawk landed on Sasuke's shoulder, gave him a letter and flew off.

I've left Suna with my siblings and Sensei, by the time this reaches you I'll be around 5 to 6 hours away.

I'll be seeing you soon.

~ Gaara

P.s. Shukaku says to tell Kurama to get castrated, whatever that means.

"Gaara will be here in a few hours, and Shukaku says, Kurama should get castrated." Sasuke sighed, at least Gaara and Shukaku were getting along now, all it took was for one of them to travel back in time.

"S-sasuke, how is your Jutsu going?" Hinata asked.

"Hnnn... well, I can teleport to anything I've marked now, I just need to master Chakra control so I don't use as much Chakra," Sasuke explained.

Turns out three years of experimentation, can be helpful. He can use the flying Raijin well, it just uses up so much Chakra because he isn't used to it. But he's getting better.

Sasuke also decided to let Naruto fail the exams, he would learn the Shadow clone Jutsu which is his signature move and Sasuke just can't see the guy without it.

With Hinata as the top female, Sasuke as the top male, and Naruto failing every test no matter how much they help him, it seems like team 7 is already set and stone...

Hopefully this time without Sakura.

Sasuke laid on his back and watched the clouds.

It was so calming, but in 3 years shit would get real.... although Sasuke realised he may have just fucked up big time...

If Gaara is stable Orochimaru can't use him to attack the leaf. If that doesn't happen Hiruzen won't pass, and Naruto will have no reason to go on that trip with Jiraiya... Itachi would battle in Konoha. With So many Anbu on him, Sasuke wouldn't get the chance to speak to Itachi.....

Tch, nothing was ever simple, was it.

"S-Sasuke?" Hinata asked.

"Gaara will be here soon," Sasuke said, and in a flash of purple and blue Sasuke appeared at the gates, where he saw four figures walking towards him.