Time to get Tsunade

Sasuke wasn't going crazy... but there was definitely something up with Sakura.

As of late, she had started watching both Sasuke and Haku a lot more than ever before and it was starting to weird him out.

He had also caught her reading books on poisons that Shinobi add to their weapons, and even what diseases can affect Shinobi's careers. Which is concerning for obvious reasons.

However, Sasuke barely spoke to the old and new Sakura perhaps this was just something she did in her spare time, something that Sasuke chose never to ask her about as she didn't care about him so why did he have to care for her.

Petty? Yes, did he care? No.

Sakura aside, Naruto had just finished boasting about how he was going to get the new Hokage with Jiraiya.

This was good as that meant Itachi would be here soon and as annoying as it is Sasuke needs to wait until after he's left the village.

Now with his memories back Kakashi should know how to act around Itachi, but that's not what's important, as long as Naruto isn't in the village then the plan is set in motion.

"Sasuke!" A voice shouted.

Sasuke looked around and saw Neji.

"Kakashi is in Hospital! He's hurt bad" Neji announced.

This was it.

Sasuke bolted over to Kakashi, he waited a quick second before opening the door.

"Yes, it seems Itachi is back and is after Naruto" the idiotic Ninja announced.

"Where?" Sasuke said.

Asuma and Kurenai looked at Sasuke, both were about to restrain him, but one quick nod from Kakashi and Sasuke was gone.

He had teleported to Naruto who was waiting at a village with no Jiraiya.

"Ah! Sasuke! What are you doing here!?" Naruto yelled.

"No time, my brother is on his way to capture you, so keep an eye out," Sasuke said.

By now they had entered the hotel and were waiting for Itachi or Jiraya, whichever came first.

It was silent.

"Oi... teme.." Naruto started.

"Hn"

"What is it that you, Kurama, Shukaku and Gaara talk about in the mindscape.... Kurama always keeps me out of it claiming that it's for the best... but.. I don't know.." Naruto whispered.

He was messing with his hands and his eyes were trained to the bed.

Was Naruto always this insecure? Well, Sasuke supposed it made sense. If an entire village hated him he too would probably feel insecure.

"It just feels like you guys don't trust me.... I want to help but... I don't want to force my help on you" Naruto finished.

Ah, Naruto was concerned that they actually didn't trust him.

"Hn. Dobe. It's actually the complete opposite." Sasuke said.

Naruto looked up.

"It's because we trust you to follow your gut and stick to your path that we don't tell you. You might not know it dumbass, but if you weren't here a lot of things would be ruined. So we trust you to keep doing what you do best, while the rest of us monitor each other's actions" Sasuke explained.

Naruto had a few stray tears but he got the message, and it made him so happy that he hugged Sasuke.

Sasuke was shocked by the hug but just let it happen, things were already so different from the last time that it didn't even matter anymore.