Chapter-9

Antonio's POV

"How is your practice going?" My father asked solemnly.

"It's going well, though I have to still master the aura spells." I replied politely.

He nodded, seeming to think about something else. "Tony, we have little time. You need to be ready when the time arrives. It could strike at any moment now." He explained, his eyes glazing over.

"I will do my best, father." I said before leaving his office.

It was a very sensitive topic for my father, and over the years I have learned to leave quietly whenever the topic came up. The incident years ago had left a deep scar in everyone's life. The silent night 18 years ago was still livid in all of our memories, especially the older generations.

We are the strongest coven of witches and warlocks, my father taking over the title of Master of the coven after the tragic death of the previous Master, and now being the next in line I have to master my powers so that I could help the Princess in getting her rightful position back.

Thinking about the Princess, the thought of a person suddenly popped into my mind - Crystal. The girl was mysterious in her own way, her aura wasn't the usual one, it hid many secrets; but since I haven't yet mastered the power of reading into auras, it was hard to read into it. And the way her doe blue eyes stared at me, and the sparks whenever we made the slightest contact was not helping either.

"Boo" A voice startled me, making me use an air bomb in defense.

"Oof, WHAT THE HECK ANTONIO" My best friend aka my cousin Raygen shouted from across the hall.

'Oops, I might have pushed her hard' I thought as I rushed to help her.

"What was that for?" Raygen glared at me as she pushed herself up from the floor.

"Sorry Ray, I was lost in my thoughts. It was subconsciously done." I stated as I scratched my neck out of guilt.

"You better spill your thoughts, before I decide to kill you." Raygen threatened as she tamed her hair, that was now a mess because of my attack.

I sighed before adding "Ok."

"Great, let's discuss it over in the library." She replied, pulling me along with her.

We entered the library, which is lined with rows of books ranging from spells to warlock history, the heritage of other supernatural species. Elements of magic, etc. We made our way towards the corner, taking a seat near the large window. The sun was about to set, the orange hue covering the sky making it magical and peaceful.

"Spill Nicko." Raygen said, making me scowl at the nickname. She always called me with these weird names that made no sense. I decided to just brush it off because reprimanding her will just lead to her calling me more annoying names. Thus, I told her about my small chat with father and Crystal.
"So this girl that you have just met, What's her name again?" Raygen questioned.
"Crystal."
"Yeah Crystal, you think she has some connection with you? Could she be your Chosen One?" Raygen's eyes gleamed with excitement.

It was prime time I find my Chosen One; we are supposed to meet them at 16 but four years away and I still failed to find her. At one point the idea of accepting someone else crossed my mind, but I pushed it away because that sounded ridiculous. Warlocks may only marry their Chosen One.

"No Ray, she couldn't be my Chosen One. Her aura is different. I just feel as if I have a connection with her, like I have known her somewhere. Her eyes seem so familiar." I reasoned.

"Nicko you sure you haven't fallen in love with this Girl?" Raygen smirked.

There she goes again with her weird names, I just rolled my eyes at her stupid suggestion. I can't fall in love with her, now could I?

Bridge Of Legacyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें