Chapter - 16

Crystal’s POV 

A series of knocks reverberated through my chamber, pulling me out of my sleep. The digital clock on the bedside table displayed 07:30 AM. ‘Why would anyone wake me up so early?’

Stomping my way to the door, I pulled it open, ready to give them a piece of my mind. 

“You…” All the sleepiness left my body as I stared at the person standing in front of me.

“Gabrielle?” The woman standing in front of me looked quite different from Gabrielle, who ran a cafe. She oozed a unique aura. She also looked much younger too.

She stifled a laugh. “Good morning My Lady, I am Arabella. Gabrielle is my mother.” 

“She has a daughter?” My eyes widened in shock.

“Yes, I stayed with the coven after highschool.” Arabella replied with a small smile appearing on her dainty looking face.

“Did you need something Arabella?” Realization hit her as she recalled her true purpose of coming to my room.

“Well sorry My lady, Miss Raygen has asked for you to meet her in the library. I am here to escort you.” 

“What’s with My lady? Just call me Crystal.” I said, moving away from the door to let her walk in.

Arabella walked inside and closed the door behind her. “Do you want me to prepare your bath?” She stood there with a slight bow.

“No, But I need you to do one thing for me.” I said, turning to look at her.

“Anything, My Lady.” Arabella beamed.

“I want you to treat me as your friend.” 

Arabella opened and closed her mouth like a fish., a smile crept on her face as she spoke. “Mother said you differed from others, now I can see what she meant.” 

“I am not different, Arabella, I just do what I feel is right.” I said as I walked over to the window. The back garden looked beautiful, with colorful flowers spreading far and wide. I made a mental note to visit it later.

“Bella.” Arabella stated, “You should call me Bella.” She added.

“Sure. So Bella, we are friends now?” I walked over to her and offered my hand for a shake.

Bella swatted my hand away, making me frown, only to engulf me in a bone-crushing hug. “Yess.” She shouted with excitement. 

I hugged her back and laughed before she broke the hug. “Now go take a bath. Miss Raygen is waiting for you.” She said pushing me towards the en-suite to bathe.

I stripped out of my clothes before jumping into the shower. Hot water poured down, easing my tense muscles. I lathered my hair with the green apple scented shampoo, then applying the musk body wash.

Wrapping a towel around me, I stepped out of the en-suite. I had no other clothes and I will not wear the same smelly clothes as yesterday. ‘I need to ask someone to take me shopping.’

“Why are you wearing a towel?” Bella asked as she eyed me.

“I have nothing to wear.” I replied with a shrug.

“Are you kidding me?” Bella exclaimed before she walked over and threw the closet door open.

Rows of outfits ranging from casual to formal lined the shelves. With all kinds of shoes and accessories. I walked inside gaping at them. ‘I didn’t even know the closet was filled with clothes. Heck, the idea to check never crossed my mind.’