Chapter - 20

Crystal’s POV 

Numb, that’s what I felt standing here staring at the couple whom I have only seen in the picture when I first came here. I had always imagined what I would do if I ever met my birth parents. There were so many questions I wanted to ask, but now when I am actually here I am lost in the sea of emotions. I wanted to hug them, bawl my eyes out, dance around in happiness, but all I felt was numbness. My feet were glued to the spot, unable to move an inch forward. My skin tingled as I could feel everyone gazing at my stature. 

“I think we should leave them to talk.” Uncle Marvis said. I saw him from my peripheral giving a curt nod to the couple.

A series of retreating footsteps echoed through the large hall. Antonio passed me, giving a brief squeeze to my clammy hands. I wanted him to stay, but this was my battle that I had to face.

The three of us continued to stand there staring at each other while we heard the door close behind us. I looked at the woman or precisely my mother. Her bright blue eyes were filled with delight as happy tears trailed down her rosy cheeks. My gaze shifted towards my father, who stood there, his green eyes filled with unshed tears.

Heaving out a heavy sigh, I forced myself to take small steps towards them because it was now or never. Fiona could feel the happiness radiating off them as we went closer. I gave out a small nervous smile and did an awkward wave while I stood in front of them.

My mother raised her hand, gently stroking my cheeks. “You have grown to be so beautiful.” She said, her voice sounding croaked. 

Unable to control my emotions, sobs escaped my lips as mother pulled me into a hug. Her body also shook while she sobbed into the hug. Two brawny arms engulfed us as my father placed a chaste kiss on my forehead. We stood there for a few minutes sobbing and basking ourselves in the happiness of our family union. 

“We’re sorry, we couldn’t find you earlier.” Father said, caressing my hair. 

“It’s not your fault, it’s what the Moon Goddess had decided for me.” 

A shocked expression passed over both of their features before mother spoke. “How do you know about the Moon Goddess? Weren’t you brought up among humans?” They both turned to look at Uncle Marvis in question. 

I shook my head in denial, “I was brought up among werewolves.” I said.

“How is that possible?” Father asked, anger raged in his eyes scaring me.

“Did our own people betray us?” Mother stumbled back in shock, but Father was quick to aid her. He guided her to sit as he continued to rub her back soothingly.

“I’ll bring some water.” I excused myself, walking towards the door. Opening it, I found Arabella standing by as if she was waiting for my arrival. 

“Master Marvis stationed me here for if you needed something.” She exclaimed, seeing my confused look.

I nodded, “Bring me a glass of water.” I ordered. She was about to turn around and leave when I added, “Also ask everyone to join us.”

It’s time I explain everything to everyone. The question of why Alpha Xander concealed the fact that he had found me clouded my brain. I returned to sit by my parents as I waited for everyone else to come.

“In which pack were you?” Father asked sternly. 

I gulped before replying, “Can we wait for the others? I want to tell everyone together.”

“What do those Warlocks have to do with it?” He retorted. 

“Stop belittling them.” Mother retorted back. I could feel a tension in between them and it made me nervous.