Chapter-1

Nineteen years have passed since Minerva Jones took Crystal in. That fateful night has changed everything for the pack, not literally, but platonically. The people who never acquainted themselves with any human now treated one as their own. In these long years, Crystal has succeeded to make a place in everyone’s heart with her sweet loving personality and caring nature, though there always remained a few exceptions, namely Carol Parker - the self-proclaimed queen bee of the pack.

Carol always tormented and insulted the blue-eyed beauty probing at her sensitive spot, but she never succeeded in breaking Crystal because there were quite a handful of people that were always ready to stroke her self-esteem and support her. This mainly included Crystal’s sister Gemma, best friends Carla and Jake and last but not least her lovely parents. 

No one could believe that time has passed so quickly, but yet they were here preparing for the coronation of their new Alpha. The small green-eyed mischievous boy has now grown up to be a handsome man and ready to take the responsibilities of an Alpha. It was a proud moment for Alpha Xander and Luna Emma to see their precious boy Xavier grow to be a responsible man. The day was also important for yet another reason; Xavier was to find his mate today. According to werewolf norms, he should have found his mate two years back, but it worked differently for the Alphas. Their wolves can only sense a mate when they take up the Alpha position. 

Xavier was a nervous mess as he watched the preparations from afar, The area bustled with life, filled with laughs, giggles and chatters while the breeze flowed carrying a scent of pinewood from the forests. Most of the Lunar Eclipse Pack was gathered in the training ground, setting up the area for the ceremony. A large makeshift stage was being built towards the far left, while rows of tables and chairs were being set up at the front, a long table was prepared for the food with medium-sized gazebos lined up beside it for people to have a cosy place to sit and enjoy their food. Fairy lights lined up the training ground with golden balloons hanging in between. Xavier caught sight of a figure hunched over in the distance and something stirred in his heart, shaking his head to get rid of the feeling as he retreated into the forest, his black fur blending in the shadows of the trees.

Crystal stood by the sidelines intently gazing at the clipboard held in her hands, a knot forming in between her brows while her eyes raked over the contents of the paper. Her pearly white teeth bit into her plum lips as she tried to recall something. Her hair tied into a half pony was being teased by the low breeze. Ticking off the last item on the list, Crystal heaved a content sigh. Almost everything was done waiting for a last check from the Luna herself. Crystal looked around to see if anyone needed a helping hand, as most of her work was done. She caught sight of her younger sibling and their best friend Ellie struggling with the decor. Chuckling to herself, she walked over to where Gemma stood on a ladder, finding it hard to make the garland of flowers stay in place, while Ellie found it difficult to handle all the bunches of flowers alone.

“Need a hand?” Crystal said, taking away a bunch of flowers from Ellie, relieving her.

“Yes, please,” Gemma said with a huff, throwing a grateful smile at her sister. 

Despite the age gap of a year, the two sisters were like peas in a pod. There wasn’t any secret in between them, Gemma was the ‘talk to my fist’ type while Crystal used her brains to handle the situation. Though poles apart, they always have each other’s back.

The three girls worked in sync, arranging the garlands around the artificial pillar. An exchange of small jokes occurred from time to time, with Crystal and Ellie pulling Gemma’s leg. Ellie was the daughter of the Alpha and Luna, but one saw no arrogance in her. She was very down to earth. Her friendship with the Jones sisters started from her diaper days; The fact that Emma Knight and Minerva Jones were childhood best friends acted as a catalyst to the friendship between the girls. Crystal was like an elder sister to Ellie, she felt comfortable in sharing her secrets with her rather than sharing them with her hot-headed best friend. Gemma was a tad bit jealous of their bond but was equally happy, and Ellie didn’t treat her sister as an outcast like her jerky brother Xavier.