Chapter - 14

Crystal’s POV 

An old indie record played in the background whilst Raygen drove through the dusty, barren road lined with forest on both sides following Antonio’s van as it weaved down the road. The afternoon sun was obstructed by the black tinted windows.

I breathed out a sigh, weighing down from my thoughts. ‘It seems sighing has become a daily habit of mine for the past months. My peaceful life got filled with so much drama that it grew suffocating.’

“What’s with the long sighs Crys.” Raygen spoke, breaking the awkward silence. 

“You’re asking me this, Gen. I am so fed up with everything, first I had to run away from home, then when I thought everything was going well I was kidnapped  and now only to find out I have some freaking powers and I am a fucking Princess of some kingdom. All of this is suffocating me, I just wanted a peaceful life, not for it to effing turn into a drama.” I ranted out, unable to control my emotions. 

"You ran away from home?" Raygen questioned.

"Is that the only thing you listened?" I wasn't ready to explain the reason for me running away.

“I am sorry, Crys. I hope I could help you, but I am not the ideal person.” She looked at me with a sad smile before turning back to the road.

“You ain’t the proper person, Antonio isn’t the perfect person. I doubt whether his Dad would help me either.” ‘I still didn’t understand how Antonio’s dad was involved in all of this mess.’

“Of course he would help you. I can assure you will find all your answers from him.” Raygen encouraged me.

"I hope so.." I trailed off. I slided the window down leaning back in my seat as the breeze washed over a refreshing feeling.

“Wake me up when we reach.” I said before closing my eyes.

Despite sleeping peacefully all night I still felt sleepy. I would have slept some more but I was awakened in the early hours of the day and rushed through packing, getting dressed and having a quick breakfast.

My mind drifted back to an old memory.

Flashback starts :

"Crystallll..." Gemma sing-songed in a high pitched voice as she walked to 'our spot'.

"I am not deaf  Em."

"Whatever...I like the way your name sounds." She took a seat beside me.

"You and your weird reasons. How was training today." I asked.

She had recently shifted and now has to attend the pack training regularly, I wasn't allowed to train as I haven't shifted yet.

"It was alright, Meg doesn't like to train though, she is a lazy wolf." She replied with a cheeky grin.

Meg was Gemma's wolf, she really loved her wolf and from what I have heard they bonded pretty well.

"So what is it actually like to be able to talk to your wolf?" I was intrigued to know.

"It's a really special feeling, they are just like you but yet so different. Talking with them really eases your mind, but sometimes they can be too  talkative." She replied.

"I hope I shift soon." I sighed looking back at the water  flowing down the creek.

"You will don't worry. I heard that there are a few late bloomers." Gemma hugged me sideways.