Chapter - 13 (Part 1)

*warning  : mention of kidnapping and slight torture*

Crystal’s POV 

The early morning rays of sunshine entered through the curtain gaps, waking me up from my slumber. It was still early for me to be up, but my body decided it had enough sleep. Yawning and rubbing my eyes, I entered the en-suite to complete my morning routine. Wrapping a towel around, I skimmed through the closet to find an outfit for the day.

Feeling to go with the street look, I selected upon a black ripped jeans, a black turtleneck top and a denim jacket, pairing them with my black boots. Tying my hair into a high pony, I picked up my bag and phone before exiting my room. Descending the stairs, I could hear soft music playing. Entering the kitchen, I found Gabrielle swaying to the music as she flipped the pancakes.

“It’s a delightful morning, I see.” I said, startling her.

“Oh boy, you scared me.” Gabrielle said.

I laughed before sliding into the seat “Sorry..” 

“Chocolate chip or blueberry?” Gabrielle asked, turning off the stove.

“Chocolate chip please.” I replied. 

Gabrielle slid a stack of four pancakes onto my plate. My mouth watering from the delicious smell. Taking a bite of the heavenly goodness an involuntary moan escaped my lips as I closed my eyes savoring the taste.

“How was the party?” Gabrielle asked, while she cut into her own stack.

“It was good.” I replied. My mind going back to the almost kiss with Jay, I shook my head to erase the thought.

Gabrielle noticed it “Something wrong?” 

“Uh, no, everything’s fine. The pancakes are good.” I said, changing the topic.

Gabrielle didn’t pry any further, and we continued to devour the pancakes in silence. My phone buzzed with a message from Raygen.

Gen 🤪🤗: Here.

Since I don’t have my car, Jay and Raygen sometimes volunteer to drive me to and from. I dumped my plate in the sink before bidding farewell to Gabrielle, and exiting the house. I saw Raygen seated in her black Mercedes-Benz E-Class Cabriolet E400, as her head bobbed to the music playing. Sliding into the plush seat, I greeted her a ‘good morning’. Raygen gave me a smile before reviving the engine and hitting the road. 'She wasn't a morning person.'

“When did you leave last night?” Raygen asked.

“You don’t remember.” 

“Nope.” She said, trying hard to remember events from last night.

“Understandable with the amount of liquor you had. It’s a miracle you don’t have a hangover.” I mocked her.

“I don’t do hangovers. They hurt badly.” Raygen said nonchalantly. 

I quenched my eyebrow at her answer “Don’t do hangovers? It depends on your choice?” I laughed at her answer.