thirty two | ❝walk away into a sunset.❞

❝I'll be your army

I'll be your army.

☀︎

"GET IN AND OUT," Harry looked at each of his crew members in turn. "We stay as close to each other as possible. No one stays behind, you get that? Agapi Mou isn't the only thing at stake here. It's our lives on the line, too. You ready?"

Mia nodded resolutely, Noah squared his shoulders, and Anna flexed her fingers. They were as ready as they could be. They for the heist, Anna for the kill. She was going to be on the right side of justice. She had nothing left to lose anymore.

Mia had assumed that she was a traitor just like that, Mark had refused to acknowledge her presence, Harry didn't seem to notice her much. Noah and Jeremy were the only ones worth Anna's time. She would honour her last promise to Mia and protect them.

But no one else. They deserved what was coming to them.

Harry bent down, fixing the soundless bomb on the cover of the abandoned sewer pipe. His black tuxedo was sticking to all the right places and Anna found herself staring.

He looked insanely attractive, like the devil had himself come down to play. His characteristic mischievous glint never left his golden eyes, even though they were going to jump twenty feet below.

Anna wondered how she would manage that fall. Her high slit red dress left very little to the imagination. It was shaped like a heart near her chest, leaving her chilly. Her dress was studded with red stones and it pricked her bare legs more often than not.

On her left, Mia was already tying her hair back, her six inch heels laying on the ground. She looked slender and beautiful in her lavender dress. It reached only till her knees but the chiffon layering made it look stunning. It matched perfectly with Mia's olive skin, her scar making her look fierce and fragile all at the same time.

Noah shrugged off his black jacket and tied it around his waist. He stepped back, pulling Anna along with him. Mia and Harry moved behind on the opposite side. Harry nodded at them, placing his hands on his ears. Anna followed suit, as did Mia and Noah, before Harry pressed a button on a small remote.

The detonator went off, blowing chunks of disintegrated metal everywhere. Anna coughed through the smoke and went to stand near the gaping hole. There was no light around, shrouding the whole depth in darkness.

Mia placed a hand on Anna's arm and pulled her aside. She gathered her heels in her hands and jumped. Anna's hand flew to her mouth, as she tried peering into the dark, plunging hole beneath.

Within a few seconds, Mia's voice shot up the hole, "It's all clear. Come on!"

Harry stepped forward and flung his new tuxedo down the mouth of the manhole. He sat on the edge and gracefully slipped into it, not showing even an ounce of worry for the possibility of breaking his bones.