sixteen | ❝damn, can i drive it?❞

❝Bad boys ain't no good but good boys ain't no fun

Bad boys ain't no good but good boys ain't no fun.

☀︎︎

[A/N: Another loooong chapter; enjoy!]

THE DOOR SWUNG WIDE OPEN. "Bermuda. What's the time?" Harry tilted his head towards Anna, raising his right eyebrow just a little. Anna ran further inside the warehouse, standing directly in front of him, panting.

"I- I am so- sorry- I totally l-lost track of t-time," Anna huffed her way through the words. "I couldn't call you either. You didn't allow us phones." She shrugged and stood up straight.

"And that's a good excuse for being late? Is that what you call punctuality?" Harry's eyes narrowed and his displeasure irked Anna.

"Excuse me, Harry but last time I checked, I didn't buy into your punctuality bullshit. Don't you dare use that tone with me," Anna snapped. She locked her gaze onto Harry's golden eyes and she couldn't move no longer.

And all of a sudden, she felt drawn to the darkness in them. She stood still as a leaf in the dead of the night, immobile and expressionless. She itched to walk closer to him and hold him. She wanted to close that gap between them. Just one step and she-

Mia came in next. She stood beside Anna, confused because of the thick tension hanging between them.

Mia coughed and stepped forward. She handed over the car keys to a very still Harry and walked past Anna, stopping to thump her on the back. Anna shook out of her trance and realized that she'd just snapped at him.

Although she didn't want to apologize to him anymore than she wanted to cut of her right arm, she took a step closer. She really did need that new bed. The mattress gave her nightmares and she was sure she was turning into the princess who couldn't sleep because of a pea under her bed.

Only this time, the princess was convinced it was infested.

She stood right in front of him, a hair's distance apart. Harry was still looking into her eyes and she felt her hands brush against his. Electricity shot up her arms like a painful shot of serotonin and she hastily stepped back.

She had no idea why she kept going back to him. It was futile, she knew it but it felt like being dragged against her will to him. She cleared her throat and saw his amber eyes refocus. He was in a daze too, she thought.

"Shall we?" She gestured towards the door and bit her lip unintentionally. Anna felt comfortably uncomfortable in his presence. He kept studying her, as if trying to find the thousand missing pieces that would complete the puzzle of her. She shrunk a little every time he looked at her that way.

No one had tried figuring her out this way before. She felt a warm feeling her stomach and knew that a slight blush was creeping across her face. Anna's hands immediately went to her bracelet and she started flicking it.