eleven | ❝draft a plan.❞

❝You want them but you shouldn't have them

You want them but you shouldn't have them.

☀︎︎

HARRY'S EYES WIDENED. "If it isn't little miss bitch of the elevator," he said, grinning from ear to ear. "I honestly can't say that it is a pleasure."

But it was a lie. He knew he was glad to see her but he would never say it out loud. It had been quite a while since someone had spoken up to him. And he would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy every bit of it.

Anna stood still, taking longer than she usually took to recover. She knew he was liking the effect he had on her. She knew she had to snap out of it. She knew she wanted to slap that smug smile of his annoying devilish face. But she couldn't. For all she knew, this was just a bad coincidence.

"I am really not here for you to have the pleasure of meeting me. Your companion sounds a lot better than you anyway," she said, her heading tilting towards Mark. Harry saw the colour rise up in Mark's neck and he felt a sudden pang of annoyance. He looked directly at Anna, his eyes taking her in.

"So, you two know each other?" Mark said, in an obvious attempt to break the awkward silence.

"No," Anna said, too quickly.

"Yes," Harry spoke up at the same time and he saw Anna sigh, exaggeratedly. "You know what, we haven't, she's right. What's your name?"

"Annabeth Curtis. Bermuda Curtis," she said, without skipping a beat.

"Okay, Bermuda, you are hired. There'll be me, Mark, you, and three others. One woman and two men. You'll meet them soon," Harry said and turned back to face the screens on the wall. Mark gasped beside Anna and immediately stalked towards Harry.

Not wasting a second, Mark started addressing Harry in hushed but frantic tones. "This is unacceptable! You didn't ask her a question and neither did you explain the job to her. She didn't even talk for more than two seconds, Harry, what the fuck?" Mark stared at him, disbelief colouring his eyes a shade darker.

Harry pinched the bridge of his nose, cracked his knuckles and turned back to Anna. "Ask me a question."

Mark whipped his head back to stare at Harry, his face all scrunched up with confusion. Anna looked shocked, not expecting him to turn the tables. Her mind started churning and the she blurted out the first question that came to her mind, "Are you Florian?"

Harry's usually light golden eyes turned stormy, as if the sun were hidden by dark clouds, at the mention of the name. His fingers clenched into a fist and a vein popped on his neck. He turned away from Anna and went back to his console, typing away. Mark clicked his tongue, oblivious to the change in mood and said, "Actually, he isn't going to-"

Harry cut in between, still not looking behind, "He is our leader. I am Harry, this is Mark. We work for him. All this is his doing and you will never see his face because he is an asshole. That's all you need to know about Florian."