Chapter 58

Asher's POV

4 years later

"Maya calm down!" I yell after her. She was too excited and motivated to help me find the perfect ring for Vanessa. We probably went to four shops, neither of them having the right one. She also kept thinking of ideas of how I could pop the question. She was greatly influenced by the shows she watches on TV.

"Daddy! Hurry up, this store will have it. I can feel it," she yells back smiley like crazy. I shake my head knowing that nothing has changed. She was too excited to listen. I run to catch up to her.

"You might be right angel," I say as we both walk into the shop. I immediately saw one of the prettiest rings I've ever seen in my life, right in the center. Maya seems to agree with the ring that caught my attention. She hurries to the glass counter and admires the ring.

"If you don't take this one daddy then I might have to say Uncle Noah is smarter than you," Maya says.

"Angel, I love the ring. Although, what if your mom doesn't like it?" I say worriedly.

"She won't like it, she will love it. Plus, mommy isn't going to say yes to the ring. She will agree to marry you because she loves you," Maya confesses. I look at her proudly. She was right, the ring was not too important. What mattered was if she was ready for this step.

Vanessa and I have wanted to take this step for a couple of years now. However, we thought we should wait for it. We promised to graduate college first, which we did recently. We also wanted to wait until Maya was a bit older. We didn't want to rush into anything. Lastly, we were focused on building our companies further.

"Mr. Martinez, it's lovely to have you here! I believe you are looking for an engagement ring for Ms. Lee" the worker says. It was pretty obvious, the media was wondering when we would tie the knot.

"Yes, I am."

"How much is this one?" Maya says out of nowhere. She was pointing at the ring we admired since the beginning. I chuckle at her question. She was a bit like Vanessa, she would go straight to the point. The worker smiled at Maya. She began writing on a piece of paper next to her. Once she was finished, she handed Maya the paper.

"The price is not too bad. We'll buy it!" Maya says excitedly.

"Shouldn't you ask your dad first?" the worker chuckles.

"Oh right! Daddy, we are buying it, trust me!" Maya says confidently.

"You didn't even ask me, Maya. Although, I believe this is the right one. We have found it," I smile at Maya.

"Mom is going to love it!" Maya exclaims excitedly. I nod nervously as the worker begins to prepare the ring for us to take. I hand Maya my card for her to then hand the worker. It became a thing we did often. She would help pay for something. Now, I just needed to think of how to ask Vanessa to marry me. I needed something memorable.

"Baby, don't worry Amelia and Ethan have it under control," I comfort Vanessa as I open the door of the car for her.

"I know they have it under control. I'm just attached to Maya. She is growing so quickly and I want to spend all my time with her before she gets old," Vanessa whines.

"We still have time. However, try to focus on us today. We barely have dates now," I argue.

"You're right. We have become so busy with our jobs and raising Maya that we forgot about ourselves. Let's enjoy it!" Vanessa grabs my hand.

"Thank you, sweetheart." I smile at her trying, trying to remain as calm as possible. I pull away from our driveway, heading to the place for our date.