Chapter 42

Vanessa's POV

"You know I'm really excited about today! I hope Maya has fun," Asher expresses his enthusiasm. 

"Same. I'm just a bit worried about how she's going to take rides and all that," I confess.

"True we only know so much about Maya, not a lot of her dislikes and likes. However, we can always go to the zoo part of the amusement park if things don't work out," Asher says.

"Thank you, you are so nice to Maya," I thank him.

"How can I not? She's this little bundle of joy!" Asher smiles. I smile back at his words.

We were currently driving to Maya's place to pick her up. We knew Amelia and Emily would head down to the amusement park with Noah and Ethan. Asher picked me up from home and so far things are going great. 

"We're here!" Asher informs me. I get off the car and walk towards Maya's house along with Asher. We approach the front door and Asher knocks.

The same man we have seen a couple of times with Maya walks out. He initially comes out with an annoyed face but lights up as he sees us.

"You must be the teens that Mr. Anderson was referring to, Maya is ready but don't forget about the payment," the man says. Asher looks in disbelief at how comfortable Maya's dad was at asking for money. I'm mentally cursing at this dude for being such a horrible father. 

"Here, this should be more than enough," I hand him a couple of hundreds. I wanted to get over this situation. I knew it was wrong but I was more interested to get Maya away from this creep.

"Thank you, Miss?"

"Ms. Le" I finish.

"Ms. Le, you are welcome to take Maya," he adds.

"When should we have her back?" Asher asks.

"I don't care, she can be out for as long you want. Actually, she can even spend the night with you, but that's going to cost a bit more, if you know what I'm saying," Maya's father suggests. My mouth opens at this. Did he really not care at all?

"I know Maya is near so I won't insult you in front of her, just know that you are a horrible father," Asher says with so much hate. I sigh and give him more money than he asked for in the beginning. I needed this man to be on good terms with us if we wanted to help Maya out. I'll only keep Maya if she wants. Otherwise, she would go home.

"Thank you, sir, I'll see what Maya wants," I inform him. Maya's father nods with a big smile due to the stack of money he is holding.

"Maya! Come out!" he yells out. I feel Asher's hand tightening my hand. I knew he was getting angry. 

"Maya! I missed you," Asher exclaims as Maya runs out of the house. She wears a huge smile as she sees us. She gets close enough to us and Asher proceeds to pick her up. 

"Ash and Miss!" Maya yells out.

"Hey! Are you ready to go?" I ask her. She nods furiously and hugs Asher as he carries her back to the car. I know, we forgot her car seat! Please don't yells at us! 

"Ash and Miss r-really h-happy!" Maya exclaims as she sits in the back seat. Asher turns to look at her from the driver's seat and chuckles at her statement.

"We are happy, is Maya happy?" Asher asks.

"Yes, is funny guy g-going?" I look at her confused as to who she is referring to.

"Noah is going," Asher confirms. I laugh as I realized it, she calls Noah 'funny guy'.