Chapter 36

Vanessa's POV

I wish I was lying.

I wanted to scream or someone to pinch me. I felt like it was a nightmare, a really bad one.

"Mom?" Amelia asks breaking all of us out of our state of shock.

The female and man both separated from their make-out session to look at us. Sure enough, it was Amelia's mom, cheating on her husband. The man beside Amelia's mom turned out to be Asher's dad.

Amelia's eyes begin to water but her face turned red. She looks like she is about to kill someone and is deeply hurt. Emily just stands there emotionless. I figure its taking time to process what we are seeing.

"Amelia? Honey! This is not what it looks like-" Amelia's mom starts explaining.

"Save it! Not only did you cheat on my dad but ruined our family..." Amelia yells out of frustration. "You better not show your face anymore, dad- d-doesn't deserve this," she whispers the last part.

Amelia is devastated, she loves her dad. I met that guy before and was amazed at how caring he was with his daughter. He worked and headed home immediately every single day. He always worked hard for Amelia and his cheating wife.

"Amelia! Please listen to me," Amelia's mom begs.

"I don't think there's anything to talk about, don't make this harder than it should," Amelia replies frustrated. "You decide, either I explain to dad why his wife is leaving us, or are you going to tell him?" Amelia asks her mom.

"Fine! Have it your way you brat! I'll leave, just give me until tomorrow," Amelia's mom changes expressions. She looks more annoyed now than ashamed. I guess she never loved her husband.

Amelia glares at her before starting to walk away into the parking lot. I follow behind her not after glaring at both of them. Asher's dad is standing there dumbfounded at what just happened. What can I say? Life sucks.

I take Amelia and Emily to my house after everything that happened outside the restaurant. She walked straight to my room and started bawling her eyes out. She mumbled words often but mostly sobbed. She kept repeating the same words, "My d-dad, he will be so heart-broken..."

I would be lying if I said I didn't shed some tears. Her love for her dad is unreplaceable.

After some time of me trying to calm Amelia down, Emily looks at me. Almost as if she is trying to tell me something. I immediately think she wants an explanation about Noah and me. I feel conflicted, should I go explain or should I stay by Amelia's side.

In the end, I stay by Amelia's side. I mutter some words to calm her down and eventually her sobs turn into quiet whimpering. She falls asleep, leaving me stuck.

Does Asher know about his dad's affair?

Should I tell him?

"Morning," Emily murmurs as she takes a seat next to Amelia and me in the table. I give her a small smile not knowing if she is still mad. Amelia does the same trying to cover up the fact that she is heartbroken.

"Are you gonna explain?" Emily looks at me for the first time since yesterday.

"What?"

"About Noah, what happened?" Emily asks me calmly as if nothing happened.

"Oh, Emily, I never wanted things to look like this, its a business deal. Noah's parents are facing a difficult time with their company so to get a contract signed, Noah needs to be engaged or married. Noah and I aren't dating, it's all for that contract-" I rant hoping she believes me.