Chapter 19

We continue looking at each other until I break the eye contact.

I smile.

"She sounds like a wonderful person," I admit.

"Yeah she is..." he says.

"Why don't you tell her?" I ask.

"I just-" he begins but gets interrupted by a loud voice.

"Asher your parents are calling you! Oh hey, Vanessa!" Noah says in a cheerful tone. I wave at him giving him a wide smile.

"Sorry Vanessa we will continue talking later," he says and gives me an apologetic smile. Then he speed walks inside. 

"Let's go inside its too cold," Noah says breaking me out of small thoughts. I nod at him and walk towards him. He opens the door for me and we both walk inside. As I walk inside I see everyone is still drinking and hanging out with each other. I continue walking inside with Noah beside me and I smile at everyone as I pass by them.

As I continue walking I feel someone bump into me. I look to apologize only to be met with Tatiana. She has a scowl in her face and as she turns it looks like she is going to murder me. I feel my whole body tense up knowing that she might throw insults at me or worse, hit me. But that never happens.

She looks shocked instead. 

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry Miss Lee," she apologizes. I look at her with confusion. Isn't she always mean?

"Um... it's okay?" I say uncertainly.

"No it's not- " she starts.

"It's fine, really. We just bumped into each other, "I interrupt her.

"Haha, anyways it's a pleasure to see you, Miss Lee, I was actually planning on contacting you," she says in a confident and bratty tone. "You see my dad wanted you to work on a piece for me," she continues.

I give her a smile hoping that it doesn't look as fake as what I'm feeling inside. Who does she think she is?!  

"Well I would love to do it but I'm kind of in a hurry," I blurt out as an excuse to leave her. Luckily the odds are with me as Amelia comes towards us. Once Amelia and Tatiana see each other, they give themselves an evil glare. I simply pull Amelia away towards another side of the house not wanting a war to begin between both.

(time skip)

Once almost everyone leaves I decide its time for me to get ready for bed. Amelia decided to go home since her parents might worry if she is out for another day. As I go up the stairs I smile to myself. Everything went smoothly except for the little incident with Liz. I pass by Emily's room. Her door wide open so I decided to check up on her. I'm met with her sleeping figure under the blankets. 

Her face holds a more peaceful expression which I'm happy to see. She has been through a lot that it would be a pity if she gets sick because of everything that is happening to her. I close the door as I leave to give her privacy.

I get to my room and head to the walk-in bathroom. I begin to undress and get in the shower. As I shower all the previous events replay on my mind. Who would have thought that I would be meeting my friends with my real self this quick? All of them acted the same way as they would with my nerd self. 

Noah was still a ball of goofiness, Ethan was still quiet yet respectful, and Asher was as nice as he treats me at school.

I head to my bed once I've finished my shower, got ready for bed, and wore comfortable clothes. 

Talking about Asher, the conversation we had comes to my mind. I sigh. I wonder who that girl is that Asher thinks so highly of.  Is she at our school? Are they friends? Does she like him back?

So many questions come to my mind that causes me to doze off.

The next morning I'm met with Emily at the kitchen making breakfast. I see Emily all dressed which I'm guessing for school because of her bag being placed in one of the chairs. She notices my presence and motions me to come over. 

"Good morning," I say and give Emily a side hug. 

"Good morning," she says it back.

"You should have told Rose to help you," I tell her.

"It's fine, I told her that I could do it by myself. Eat your breakfast quick though, we need to go to school," she exclaims.

"You are going to school?" I ask for confirmation.

"Yeah, I don't see why not. I think these past two days were enough for me to think over things." she begins. I nod encouraging her to go on. "My parents wouldn't be too proud of me knowing that I'm missing too much school. I think that I should pay them back for all their efforts by making them happy. Now they are in a better place and everything had to happen for a reason," she finishes off.

I look at her surprised at her mentality. That's one thing that I've admired of Emily, she always thinks positive. I give her another big hug. We both sit down and begin eating. 

"What did I miss for school?" she asks.

"Nothing really, the teacher hasn't been there for Physics and the rest of the classes has been reviewing and studying for the state standardized tests."

"Ugh, I forgot about those, there is no point in taking them," she grunts.

"Honestly, but guess what this is our last year with them if we graduate," I say agreeing with her. 

Once we are done with our food we both head over to the car. Michael is waiting for us and drives once we get into the car. When we get to school we head to our lockers which are next to each other. 

"What time is it?" I ask Emily while we both are occupied on taking out our necessary books for today. It's eight-"she stops as she is startled by someone back-hugging her.

I notice the faint blush appearing on her face as she takes in that Noah is back hugging her. 

"Emily! You're back!" Noah practically yells loud enough for the end of the hallway to hear. I smile are the cute position they are in. "I missed you-" says Noah but doesn't get to finish because he gets pulled back.

"Noah! You took my hug!" Amelia yells. "I missed you, Emily!" she says while hugging her. While they hug I see Amelia giving Noah a death glare. I laugh at their childish behavior and take in that Asher and Ethan are there as well. I wave at them.

"Thanks for the attention guys..." Emily begins to talk. 

"Sorry about Noah, he ran from the door once he saw you and Vanessa. We couldn't keep up with him," apologizes Ethan. "Yeah, he couldn't stop talking about you this whole week, anyway, welcome back," Asher finishes off. 

Emily gives everyone a smile. A smile that we all missed and wanted to see again.

After talking and catching up with each other, we all go to our classes without forgetting to remind ourselves to meet up for lunch.

I walk up the stairs to the second floor for my class with a smile on my face. Everything is going back to normal. I hope days like this will continue to come where everyone has no worries.

My thoughts get interrupted as a hand grabs with force and leads me to the girl's bathroom. I knew too well that fighting back will be no use so I comply. 

The person pushes me to the ground and my body falls to the ground with a loud thud. I look up to look at the person knowing who it is already. Tatiana lifts her leg and kicks me on my stomach knocking the air out of my lungs.

I guess I spoke too soon.

This wasn't my idea of everything going back to normal.