Chapter 26

I look at Asher with fear as to what he might do. His face holds so much anger that I've never seen it before. I look at Noah to see him smirking.

"Oh hi, Asher!" Noah greets him in a taunting voice. I look back at Asher and realize Ethan is with him as well. Asher looks like he isn't playing and doesn't stand Noah. As I'm analyzing the situation, I feel Noah's hand goes over my shoulders protectively. 

Slowly I realize what Noah's intentions are. He is protecting me just in case Asher doesn't hold back and as a way to taunt him. Then, yesterday's events rush into my mind and anger bursts out of me. He has no reason to be acting this way.

"Noah, get your hands off her," Asher growls loud enough for us to hear. He is trying to hold back. Instead of Noah obeying what Asher says he does the opposite and hugs me even tighter. Asher looks like he is about to throw a punch and I look at Ethan for help.

I try to give him a look that hopefully, he understands as 'hold him back' but instead he nods at me for reassurance. I look at Ethan like he is crazy but I know Ethan is the smartest out of the three guys so I guess he has a plan. 

"Vanessa-" interrupts Emily from behind but stops as she takes in the situation. My eyes widen thinking that Emily might take it in the wrong way. 

"Emily I can explain-" I start to say but Emily bursts into a smile.

"Vanessa remember we needed to pass by Mrs. H's class before the bell rings. Hurry up!" Emily says enthusiastically. I look at her like she'd grown two heads. Emily ignores the look I'm giving her and drags me along with her. Part of me is grateful that she just saved me out of the most uncomfortable situation I've ever been in but I'm worried. Is she alright?

"Emily you can kill me all you want but please let me explain first," I plead trying to solve this misunderstanding right away.

"Hey, what are you talking about?" she asks and appears to look genuinely confused.

"So you're not mad about Noah-" I murmur quietly as if I've been caught doing something embarrassing but Emily jumps in.

"Oh, you're talking about that! That's part of the plan dumbass! I thought you were smarter than that," she says in a joking tone.

"What plan?" I ask now confused. Emily sighs and smacks my head but not too hard.

"Let's just go to calc and hopefully the boys talk it out," she advises me and leads the way to class. 

Once we enter the class there are still ten minutes before class starts. Luckily a tired Amelia arrives in those ten minutes and explains she over slept. She apologizes to Emily about missing the morning events and I'm still confused about the whole situation.

I know I'll find out sooner or later. Hopefully.

Asher's POV

Words can't explain how much anger I'm feeling right now. 

I was walking down the hallway with Ethan ready to head to calc but I'm met with Noah and Vanessa. The problem was how close they were but I decided to ignore it. As I keep walking I decide it's better to pass by without acknowledging them but plans changed quickly.

I see how Noah leans to hug her tightly. That's when I saw red and I couldn't contain my anger anymore.

"What the fuck is going on here?!" I yell once I'm close to them. I see Vanessa's eyes widen in fear as she recognizes my voice. Noah jumps up a bit but calms down once he knows it's me. He releases her from the hug and turns to look at Ethan and me.