Chapter 47

Asher's POV

"I can't take it anymore!" I yell in frustration.

"We can order a search team?" Emily suggests.

"I want to, but- I don't know!" I was desperate. I was even tearing up, Vanessa fainted and Maya was lost. How could I let this happen?

"First off, freaking out won't help, we should go look, she can't be that far," Ethan suggests.

"It's the best idea, Asher you stay with Vanessa, she will wake up, she will be more scared to find no one besides her," Amelia advised.

"Fine, but please tell me anything that you find out about Maya, I can't stand being clueless," I express my frustration.

"Sure thing, Emily come with me," Noah says as he leaves the room. Ethan and Amelia follow behind them, I knew they were going to look elsewhere.

I looked at Vanessa, I pleaded for her to wake up, I needed her to remain sane.

Noah's POV

"Where should we look?" I ask Emily.

"Well, we should look in the places a child would be attracted to," Emily states.

"Where would that be? We aren't in a place that would interest a child, it's dark and cold," I point out.

"Exactly, it's dark! Maya would be attracted to the light. The only two places that remain lit up is the back area of the cabin and the small parking lot."

"Gosh, you're so smart," I compliment her. I grab her small hand and lead her to the back of the cabin. I wasn't sure where Amelia and Ethan were. They decided to go on their own path.

"Maya!" Emily yells as we reach it.

"Maya!" we yell in unison.

"How did she even leave?" I ask frustrated. We were at fault, we had one task, to keep Maya safe.

"Noah, I know you are blaming right now. Please calm down, Maya needs to be found before we blame someone for it, accidents happen."

"You're right, but let's move to the parking lot, she clearly is not here."

"Yeah, let's go!" Emily sounds more enthusiastic. I knew she wanted to remain strong and encouraging, she didn't want to believe that Maya could be lost forever. Heck, I didn't want to believe it either, but it wasn't looking too good.

We walk back to the front of the cabin in order to be able to reach the small parking lot. I prayed that Maya was there for some reason. Emily had a determined face, she wasn't losing hope just yet.

"Noah, you see that too right?" Emily sounds confused. I look away from her and see what she's confused about. There was a strong light coming from the parking lot. It surely belonged to a car, but I knew Asher and I weren't too dumb to leave our headlights on.

"Um... I think we should be worried," I say and we both start running, trying our best to be as quiet as we can. What if it was a kidnapper? We could alarm them making the situation worst.

"Noah and Emily! My favorite couple!" Addilyn yells as we come into view.

"What?!" I say. I didn't know she was actually coming. I ignored her statement as well, I was far from becoming something with Emily. However, that's a problem for another day.

"Uncle Noah! Em!" Maya jumps out of Addilyn's car.

"Maya! You're safe!" Emily yells in joy.

"I believe this child belongs to you?" Addilyn asks.