Chapter 44

Asher's POV

"I can't believe we are graduating in two weeks!" Noah exclaims. 

"Me either, it feels like we were just freshman students yesterday!" Amelia mirrors his enthusiasm. 

"Speaking of freshman, Vanessa how did you look like?"Noah asks.

"Not good of course."

"C'mon, you couldn't possibly look bad" Emily chimes in.

"I did, puberty didn't hit me until the summer leading up to junior year."

"You got to show me some pictures," Amelia says.

"Under my dead body! Those pictures were deleted for a reason," I tell her. "Enough about me, we need to head back to our classes if we don't want a tardy for the last two weeks."

"Angel face is right! I'll see you all at the end of the day!" Noah yells as he walks to the hallway.

"You probably looked so cute, I hope I get to see those pictures some day. Baby, I'll see you later," Asher whispers in my ear. He kisses my forehead and leaves with a smile. I wave his off and head to the third floor of the building. 

"Where are you all going now?" I ask everyone as we head to our cars. I started bringing my car too but would park it a street away to not bring up attention. 

"Um... I-I will-" Noah stammers, having a difficult time answering. 

"What Noah meant is we will work on a project together, all three of us," Ethan response more confidently while he points to Asher, Noah, and himself. 

"A project? Don't they stop giving out projects for the last month for us seniors?" I ask suspiciously. It's true! Teachers are given the option to be more flexible as we figure out what we will do from graduation day and forward.

"It's a late assignment, we forgot about it and we need to pass the class," Asher jumps in.

"Oh! Then you guys better hurry, I want to walk across that stage with you all. Emily and Amelia? Do you have any plans?"

"Well I have to go see my dad, Emily is coming with me too!" Amelia says rather quickly. 

"I guess we all are busy, well, I'll see you guys tomorrow!" I reply. I gave Asher a quick kiss goodbye and hugged everyone before leaving. At least I have time to go to work.

"Miss Vanessa, your birthday is in three weeks! Have you finished off the details for your birthday collection?" Claire, my assistant asks.

"Well, the palette itself is done, we just need to have a photoshoot and launch it."

"Will you have a launch party?" Claire asks.

"I don't think so, it's too late to plan one anyways. This time I have different plans for my birthday," I fill Claire in. "I plan on hanging out with friends, and maybe celebrate it with Maya."

"I see you grew fond of her, she really is a cute little girl."

"She is, I hope to see her soon," I say hopefully.

"Well, Miss Vanessa, I'll prepare the photoshoot with the models, prepare your outfit for the shoot as well, and make sure everything runs smoothly for launch day," Claire says before dismissing herself.

I look at my screen and see the pile of emails I have. However, two stands out the most. I pick the most recent one first, I come to realize it's the man who Noah's family needs to sign a contract with.