Chapter 17- Blood-Sucking Bastard

Ethan's p.o.v

Kate? I accidentally say in Kate's head through my bond. Oops. She'll be very confused when I come home.
I hold my ground in shock, my eyes traveling the sleek body of this creature. My claws extended into the soil, holding me in place. Another dragon? How could this be? Why did Athena call this dragon Kate? Kate is at home!

I gulp, feeling Jack next to me. He throws his head back with a whine, stomping his hoofs, "Who is this!" neighs Jack in our heads. "Another dragon! Probably wanting this territory! Ethan you have to fight it! Make it go away!"

I feel Anna connect with us, "No! The dragon saved Linda you idiots!!!"
I growl, "are you sure?"
Anna's narrow tail begins to swoosh in annoyance, "Yes! There was a figure that jumped off the tree with Athena and turned into this dragon!"

I shiver as I feel two more spirits connect, one was dominant while the other was just following along. I shiver slightly from the new connection but not noticing how one of these I've never connected with before. I was too angry for this dragon being a secret!

I flash my teeth at this stranger dragon, warning it.
"How did we have a dragon on our territory a secret?!? Or is he new student?"

Athena shakes her head, "you idiot! All you males are idiots! That dragon is not a male!"
We all freeze slightly, looking closer at this dragon. The dragon was sleeker than me, more shinny, more feminine.

I growl, ignore the messages my dragon side was sending me, "Ya? Prove it!"

Athena comes up to the dragon, placing her hand gentle on its neck. The silver dragon shivers, not used to contact. She whispers in all our heads, "come on Kate, tell them."

The silver dragon shakes its head, whining while lowering its head in embarrassment. Athena growls dangerously, "Kate, you can hear our whole conversation! Just show something!"

"I can't Athena! What will they think?" Kate's voice echoes in our heads.
What?

How is Kate connected? My black scales shiver as this dragon's icy blue eyes catch mine.
I take a step closer to this silver dragon, feeling my power radiate off my scales. The dragon takes a step back, fear flooding its eyes. However, it didn't back down, it stood its ground.

I whisper, "Kate?"

The silver dragon looks at me with shock, holding my eyes. It takes a step forward. The dragon was defiantly feminine, by the way she moved. The silver dragoness' blue eyes held my own. I shiver slightly, noticing my scales making themselves become more vibrant.

What are you doing body?! She isn't our mate!

I watch the dragon carefully before I hear Kate's sweet voice echo in my head, "Ethan?"

I sigh, connecting only with the female dragon and blocking everyone else out, "Kate is that you?"

The dragoness nods, looking down, embarrassed.
My mate is a dragon! What the heck?

I take a step forward and instantly Kate rears back, spreading open her 15 foot sky blue wings in defense. She snarls, flashing her fangs. I'm guessing she hasn't done this very often, but how did she hide her scent?
My eyes gaze over the exact replicas of her scar that was on her wings.
Maybe her scar was giving her that power? I highly doubt she is a royal.

I take a step back, lowering my head in sign of peace. Kate lowers her wings slightly. I watch as they shimmer against the light as if they were made of crystals or ice. She truly was a gorgeous dragon.