Chapter 30- Back Together, Fighting Together

Ethan pulls up at a little gas station and pancake house by the road. I look around and furrow my eyebrows, "Why are we here?" I ask.

Ethan sighs, "You'll see." He gets out of the car and I follow. The gas station was little looking and the pancake house seemed like a quiet little family owned business. Everything around here was forest, so pine trees were growing around the two little buildings. Ethan takes my hand as we walk toward the pancake house. I look up at him and smile, tingles running up my arm.

We walk in sync toward the house and enter together. The restaurant was fairly busy. It had white walls and dark wood booths. A very 'home' design.

My mouth drops and tears well-up in my eyes as I scan the restaurant, "Anna! Linda! Athena!" I yell in joy. Their heads pop up as they hear their names.
"Kate!" They yell together and jump out of their seats and run towards me. I meet them half-way and hug them. We sign in happiness. As I break the group hug, I wipe away a tear, "I missed you guys so much!"
All of them were crying too, "We missed you too Kate! We tried to visit you at the hospital but because we left the pack, the vampire King would not let us in..." Anna explained.
"since the hospital was in pack territory..." Athena quickly added. I sob again and smile at the same time.

Ethan comes up behind me.
"Ethan...." The girls say with pain. The other boys quickly get up from the table and come to protect their girls. That is, after they hugged me and I cried some more.

Ethan looks down and stammers, "I'm sorry I left you guys....I'm sorry I listened to my father....I'm...."
I stop Ethan. He looks down at me as I face my friends, my pack mates, my family. "He is sorry. He won't be marrying Sheila, for his hand belongs to me."

My old pack smirks as surprise takes Ethan's face.
"He is also right now going to talk with the vampire King." I finish. "Would you like to join us and get the pack back together?!"

"Oh hell yes!" Shouts Athena, catching the attention of some diners. "Look, we might have hated your decision, Ethan, but we are always part of your pack."

Jack adds, "That's the one thing our parents did right-- to bring us all together."

I grin, "Well then, what are we waiting for?"
The girls all clap their hands together and run back over to their table to get their stuff,

As we waited, Ethan's hands wrap around my waist. He nuzzles his face in my hair, and kisses my neck. "You know I love you?"

I smile, "Yes. Do you know I hate you?"

I fell him grin against my neck. I lean against him, and sigh, "I love you too."

Ethan sighs, "I still have to claim you, you know."
I tense, before sighing also, "You have my permission."
Now Ethan tenses, "what?"
"I love you blood-sucker and I want you to be mine and me to be yours."
Ethan hugs me tighter, "I love you more than you can even imagine."

Before I knew it, Ethan had connected all of his pack back together and even made me part of the pack. Let's just say the process was unpleasant.

Now we were all in four separate cars, each couple in their own car; driving towards the kingdom of vampires.

The forest slowly became the city, the city slowly became mountains, and the mountains slowly became the ocean. We kept driving and driving until a stone castle was seen.
My jaw drops, "Your dad lives in an actual castle?!?"

Ethan's grip on the wheel tighten, "Yes." He says coldly.

I'm sensing some family issues.

We pull up to the gates and are allowed in. The castle literally looked like a old-fashion 17th century castle.
We park in front of the castle doors and hop out. Vampire servants super-speed to our side and take our keys to park our cars elsewhere. A vampire butler leads us inside of the castle.

Ethan looks around coldly and wraps his hand around my waist tightly. The butler leads us through the huge castle through golden room to golden room. We finally end up in a high ceiling hallway with paintings from the olden times hanging on the walls. At the end of the hallway were huge, 16 foot doors with gold engraved on them. The Butler that brought us here bows and quickly says, "The King will see you shortly," Before bowing again and scurrying off.

The group stands around, everyone tense. Finally, the doors creak open. A deep voice booms, "Come in!"
Everyone shuffles in with hateful glares on their faces.

The throne room was humongous! A red carpet lead to the throne that was places higher than anything else in the room. Behind the throne were windows that took up the whole wall, giving a view of the mountains and ocean. Everything else around the room was elegantly designed with expensive furniture, decorations, and paintings.
"Come forward!" The voice from the throne booms.

We walks up towards the throne and stop at the edge. Then we bow. The king steps up from his throne walks up to us.

"You may stand!" His voice leaked with power. We stand and Ethan's grip on me tightens. I finally get a good look at the king.
He looked like he was in his late twenties! The vampire King was pale white with Ethan's blue eyes, but blonde hair. He looked slippery(metaphorically speaking), and like a trickster. He was frowning, and his gold suit and cape showed he was rich.
I did not like him already.

Ethan held his head up high, "Father, we need to talk about the deal and the wedding." The king's eyes flicker to Ethan's hand, which was wrapped around my waist.

"What did you do?" The king's voice got dangerously low and his eyes turned red. I gulped.

"I found my mate, and decided I will marry her. Instead of her evil brat sister and I threw away the ring."
The king hissed and pointed to me, not taking his eyes of his son. "I want this girl, your mate, OUT!"
Ethan's grip tightened even more on me.
I gaze with hate at the king. "Yes, your highness." I reply for Ethan. He looks down at me with worry as I step away from his grasp and come right up to the king. The king was shocked.

I hold his red eyes with furry, "If you hurt Ethan in any single way, I will kill you."
I turn around without a second of thought and exit the room.
The heavy doors shut behind me and instantly yelling was heard. I squeeze my eyes shut, praying for my mate to be okay. My eyes get watery.

"Are you alright deary?" A soft woman's voice asks. My head snaps toward the sound and I quickly wipe the tears. "Yes, I am just worried for my mate."

The woman dark green eyes fill with understanding. She walks over to me. Her silk maroon gown hugging her perfect curves perfectly and contrasting against her pitch black hair also perfectly. She also looked like she was in her late twenties. Though her eyes showed the wisdom of age.

"Who is your mate dear?" She asks gently, her hand touching my shoulder. I felt relaxed with this woman. She was powerful, but she didn't abuse it.
"Prince Ethan." I say quietly. The woman's eyes widen before a smile grows. "Your mate is my son?" I blink and look up to her.

"Oh my gosh, your highness! I'm so sorry! Please forgive me!" I quickly bow down. Now this woman, has earned the honor to be called her highness.

The queen laughs, "Please dearie! Call me Marie."
I nod my head, standing up, "Yes Marie."

"Now tell me. Why are you crying for Ethan?"

"Well...." I start. Then the journey from the moment I met Ethan to right now was told.