Chapter 11- Scars

My pack became fish. All staring at me wide-eyed and open mouthed. Sheila broke the tension.

"I knew I recognized you from somewhere!"

I flip around, a snarl pasted on my face, "Ya, long time no see! Sister!"

She frowns, walking around me, "Last time I saw you, we were sending you to Mythical School. Then the system broke down and that was the last we heard from you. But now you are back," she snarls, "And I was so happy you were gone too! Did you escape cowardly when the school broke down?"

"Wait, didn't the Mythical School break down several years ago?" asks Ethan, getting slightly in the edge, sensing a fight.
I grin wickedly, feeling my blood pressure rise from Sheila's words, "Who do you think caused the break-down of the school?"
She bears her teeth as I glare daggers at her.

The group takes a slight step back at my words. Everyone knew about the amazing unbroken school; until of course, I broke it. Though nobody knew for I blended in with other escapees.Will starts up, awakening and whinnying slightly, "Why did you leave sister? Why didn't you come back to Dan?"

The mention of my father's name sparked a new flame inside me, "Don't you ever speak of his name!" I hiss, enraged, "He is not my father!!!"

The pack winces at my tone but continues on watching the fight between me and Sheila, hungry for my history.

Sheila crosses her arms, "So, sister, enjoyed your stay?"
I snap back, "Yes, in fact, I loved it so much I ran out!"
Sheila scoffs, "I don't believe you. Nobody could break their system."

I allow my eyes to show a spark of revenge and sadistic pleasure, "You'll be surprised..."
I allow my eyes to flash blue then back brown, getting the same shocked reaction from Sheila as the day I left her. She quickly gathers herself back up. Her eyes tinted yellow, getting ready to transform.

Snarling, she replies, "No newbie can resist the school!"
"Maybe I wasn't a newbie...." I don't push the subject. I do NOT want them knowing about my other side.

Sheila yells, "You put father out of work!"
I laugh, "Good! He was a greedy bastard anyway!"

Her mouth drops, "You little bitc--"
Will interrupts, annoyed and scared at the upcoming fight, "Kate! Stop! I don't see how your complaining is doing anything! The school wasn't that bad, okay!"

His words cut through me like a knife; stabbing me where it hurt most.
I take a sharp inhale, glaring at him though feeling my eyes get watery. "You know NOTHING about the school do you?"

He snarls slightly, "I highly doubt it would cause this trouble!"
I don't blame him for getting mad, the fire between Sheila and I is putting everyone in danger. He is just looking out for his mate.

My voice crackles, uneasily, "Do you know what they did to us?" I feel my voice drop, remembering the pain. "Do you know how they make you forget you are mythical?"
I look up from Will to Sheila and then to the pack. "If you are a vampire, they tie you up to a machine that slowly pierces you with a wooden stake, going deeper and deeper into your skin until you die or loose your vampire side. Usually nobody survived for if you did magically happen to transform human, you would usually bleed out from your wounds. Werewolves..." My tone gets more aggressive, and I snarl remembering the scars I received, "Werewolves are chained down using silver. And as we know, silver burns werewolves, just like wooden stakes hurt vampires. After letting them burn from the silver, they then use silver sticks to poke and pierce you until you turned human, then as a human they would torture you until you turned back into a werewolf; where they would repeat the process."