Chapter 15-Attacked

Kate's p.o.v:

When I finally woke up, it was a blur. I was full of energy and needed to throw it off. I quickly found myself outside, jogging laps around the mansion. There was no way I was going back to school. Even if I only had four periods left. I noticed how Athena's spirit was more calm, she must have gotten the medicine.

My chest heaves as I lean against a tree, out of breath. Leaning my head against the rough bark, I enjoy the coolness of the winter air on my face. The forest giving a shadowy overview to the ground.

A smell wafted to me, werewolf.
I growl, flipping around to face my stalker.

The handsome boy sneers, his arms crossed in front of his well-built chest a couple trees away from mine. I instantly tense, pulling out my headphones from my ears and dropping them onto the leaf covered floor. I push off the tree to stand back up as I watch the boy closely.

"Not you again!" I snarl.
He smirks, untangling his arms and coming closer to me, "Ey, I have a name you know...runner."

I tense even more, hating how he used my nickname. I bear my teeth as he comes closer. I recoil back subconsciously.
He flips his dark hair from his eyes, smirking, "I'm Hunter, what your name?"

I quietly judge him in my head, before catching a scent of a werewolf female. Knowing there is only one werewolf female in this school, my lips curl up into a slight smile, though I was glaring daggers.

"Oh you should know, Hunter, what my name is. You work for my sister. What did she do to get you to hunt me? Seduce you?" I snarl as he keeps taking steps forward and I take steps back.
Hunter smirks, "No, she just promised me you after she and Mr. Daniel Howl were done with you..."

He was now towering over me, and I was backed up to a tree trunk, trapped. His gaze goes to something behind me, "Ah, Mr. Howl, I have brought what you wanted."

I gasp sharply, smelling the familiar sting of my father's scent.
"Yes, thank you Hunter, you have done well."
I bite my lip, feeling my body tense, ready to run. My animal side just needed to get out, or release some of its energy.
No. Don't transform, keep your scent hidden.

Daniel comes over, taking Hunter's place and snatches my chin forcefully into his hand. I growl bearing my fangs. WAIT FANGS?!?

I quickly shut my mouth, hoping no body noticed.
"Ah, you are the little free-runner who has caused so much trouble to my daughter...."
I wanted to scream out at him how he caused it himself by sending me away, but I kept my mouth shut. If he didn't know it would be better.

"Whats your name, free-runner?"
Silence.

Hunter scoffs, "Its Kate."
A growl emits from Daniel's throat, "Did I ask you?"
Hunter quickly pales in fear and looks down, shuffling, "No sir...."

My father nods, "Good boy, now Kate... please explain to me what you are doing with Ethan."
Instantly my animal side roars to life, getting protective over my privacy and Ethan. I feel my body give off a scent and I panic slightly inside. However, quickly it is hidden by an overpowering scent. A pack of werewolves in wolf form.

I growl, feeling the warmth of my animal side travel my limbs as it senses danger, "None of your business, DAD!"

I roar slamming my foot into Daniel's groin and dashing away as shock and pain took hold of his face.

Then, I ran. Ran for my life as a pack of wolves, about ten strong, chased me to get to my blood. Their paws hitting the ground echoed behind me as I began to catch speed, just running straight into the dense forest.My hair wiped painfully across my face as I zoomed through the forest, trees passing by so fast you couldn't even see them. My animal side giving me the speed I needed just to be barely ahead of the pack.