Chapter 14- Pleasure or Pain

Kate's p.o.v

As soon as I heard those words, my first thought was:
F*ck! F*ck! F*ck!
Ethan's voice tuts in my head, "Tut, tut, tut, runner. What did I say about cussing?"
I groan, "Why the freak did I give him my blood?! Stupid freaking animal side who wanted to save him!"

"That still counts as cussing runner..."

I growl back to him, through my head, "Just because you 'might' be my mate because of my blood, doesn't mean you can control me....or my language!"
He smirks, holding my eyes as he responds back, "I also want to know what this 'animal side' that you have is."

I groan again, rolling my eyes, "Just shut up Ethan."
He wickedly sneers, leaning his hands against the bottom of the bed, "Now now runner. You don't want to break my heart, right? So you'll tell me, right?"

I grumble under my breath, "I want to rip your heart out," before snapping, "My animal side is the other side that felt the mating bond with you. You stubborn blood-sucking parasite!" My blood pressure rose with my anger.

He flashes his fangs and I feel my eyes try to change. No. Don't you dare. I tell myself, controlling my eyes.

Ethan raises an eyebrow in confusion. I quickly look around the room, noticing I am not in my own. I sigh, quickly getting out of the bed. I stalk toward my room, feeling Ethan's eyes travel my form as I go toward my room.

With a swift swoosh, he is blocking my doorway; leaning against the doorframe, his bare chest showing boldly. He smirks, "Where you going, runner?"

"To change."
He flicks his hair away from his eyes all sexy, "We are mates, you can change in front of me." He pauses, "Wait, do you know what are mates are suppose to do to seal the bond right?"

I feel my face heat with a blush and I quickly look down, my eyes wide from surprise and realization. He smirks, "Apparently you do..."

Gross cocky vampire!

"Well, since we aren't mates yet, I do get my privacy!" I try to push Ethan to side, except he became a wall. "Ethan.....move." I growl.

He lifts his hand up, resting it on the top of the door frame, "Sorry, Princess, no can do."

"Ugh!" I groan out, throwing my hands up and storming back into the room.
Like a spoiled child I throw myself onto the bed, crossing my arms, and pouting.

Ethan's smirk deepens as he walks over to me. I throw my gaze away, pouting at the wall until I feel him radiating heat on my skin.

"To close! To close!" screams my normal side. My breath staggers as I finally turn toward this hulking beast. O.M.G.
His perfectly sculpted chest, stomach, and whole upper body in-general was right in front of my looming eyes. There was a six pack and all his other muscles were well-toned. His muscular arm was leaning on the bedpost, allowing his head to rest on it as his own eyes gazed over my body. His smirk vanished and was replaced with a more emotionless gaze.

I blush deeply as I catch his electrifying blue eyes with my plain brown ones.
"You don't have plain brown eyes, you have absolutely gorgeous and intriguing hazelnut brown eyes..." Ethan replies in my head.
My stomach does a flip. Did he just compliment me? My animal side purrs, wanting to close the space between us.
Ugh! Stupid animal side! Why are you making me go all goo-goo eyes for him?!?

I let out a small breath as he lifts himself off the bedpost, and looking down at me. I felt my skin heat up even more as his hand gentle grabs my chin, raising my head.

"Kate..." He whispers, sending shivers down my spine. The way he said my name made my heart want to melt.
I gulp, allowing my eyes to catch his. His touch was causing butterflies in my stomach and flames to erupt under my skin.

I whisper out, feeling my mind loose control, "Ethan...."
He sighs slightly in pleasure as his name left my lips.

I gentle pull my head out of his hands, allowing my curious eyes to loom over his well-built figure. All his muscles were toned and gorgeous. I cautiously trace my fingers on his stomach, and around his muscles. He shivers under my touch, my animal side purring from making him react.

I pull back, feeling the raging war between my two sides. Then the pain starts.
I gasp, feeling the explosion of pain in my stomach. I feel my spirit roar to life and reach out to those around it. I feel myself leave my body, seeing, but not. My spirit instantly feels Ethan's powerful spirit, contracting itself from it, but still staying near. It travels down through my 'pack' until it feels a spirit full of fear.

I blink gasping for air as I return to my world. Ethan holding me by my back, full of worry. "Kate? Kate! Answer me! Are you all right?"

"Athena!" I scream out feeling a stabbing pain slice across my face. I scream clutching my face though no blood was there.
The pain vanishes before it takes hold of a new victim; Ethan. He yells as the pain takes him and he doubles over into the ground, rolling on the floor, and gasping in pain.

I find myself at his side, gently petting his bare back. I lick my lips, "I-is Athena h-hurt?

Ethan takes a deep, still shaking from the pain, and nods. "She had just been attacked by demons, but Jack found her."
I gasp, before collapsing onto the floor next to Ethan. "It-is she al-live?"
Ethan gives me a small smile, "she is a god, demons don't kill her instantly like most of us."

I nod my head as he continues, "she is, however, severely hurt." He mumbles something under his breath.

"Huh?" I ask, pushing for more information. He sighs, "I felt a spirit touch mine before she was attacked... I'm guessing which ever creature was planning to attack had to see if the alpha was nearby.

I shake my head no, scooting slightly over to Ethan to rest my head in his shoulder. My touch caused shivers to go down his back, but he stayed put.
"I was the one who came in contact with your spirit. My spirit took me through the pack's spirits until it felt one with horrible fear; Athena's."

Ethan jolts slightly, "Your spirit came in contact with the packs, and my own?"
I nod my head yawning. My body was again tired. I just woke up but this spirit thing drained my energy; again.

Ethan gives an amused scoff, "Was this your first time feeling spirits?"
I nod my head slightly against his shoulder, my eyes closing. I hear him sigh, "We will have to go to witch Esmeralda tomorrow and receive some info on our mate bond....." Then he mumbles, "And figure out this power you have..."

I shuffle, getting comfortable against him. My animal takes over allowing my spirit to roam and feel for Ethan's. He tenses under me as my spirit comes in contact with his. Both spirits purring deeply.

He sighs, gentle moving his hands under me and carrying me back onto the bed. He mumbles, "Get some sleep, you just unlocked a new power, and felt the pain of an alpha..."

I yawn, snuggling into the bedsheets before mumbling, "how about you?"
Ethan sighs, his voice melting away, "I feel this a lot...."

Then I disappear. Disappearing back into the dream world where I just came from.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ethan and Kate getting closer and closer together. Does anyone ship them other than me?

Anyway........

Thanks to everyone who reads!!! I really appericiate it and I'm glad you guys like the book! The next update you must be wondering? The next update will be on Friday, 1/30/15

Enjoy!