Chapter 12- Threat

I quietly sat at one of the benches at school. I've avoided most of my pack, not yet willing to answer their questions. I woke up extra early, sneaking away before anyone woke up. Though I did cook them breakfast.

Right when the school opened, I was in a classroom getting tutoring. I was falling behind on my math and science. I slipped into my math classroom and began working on some worksheets, asking the teacher for help.

Not to long after, Ethan popped into the room wanting me. I refused and the poor teacher was pale from fright. I don't see why but I quickly told the teacher I wouldn't let anything happen to him. He relaxed slightly.

I got a pass to my science class and when I entered, the class was taking notes so no talking. Fighting I skipped and the rest of my classes had the same flow.

I was right now at lunch, outside sitting alone as the cool winter breeze ruffled my hair. My ears naturally eavesdropping as I wrote my paper for History.

A voice sneered, "Well well well, such a coward aren't we...."
I growl, not looking up from my paper. I really need to finish this and get this b*tch off my back!

"What do you want Sheila?" I say, my hand scribbling an endless flow of words.
She snarls, "Stay away from my mate, and my pack!"

I sigh, "Sorry, I'm kinda trapped there." Then hissing, "and you aren't the alpha female or the mate of Ethan!"
She slams her hands on my table causing me to glare up at her, "I will be the alpha female and I will tell you what to do!"

I roll my eyes, "Good luck, Princess...."
She growls as I continue my paper, ignoring her as she rambles and throws insults at my way. My eyes travel up as a dark shadow reaches my paper.

An older man, in a business suite, smiles politely at me. "Hello. My name is Daniel Howl. I heard you are the new runner of my daughters' pack."

Well hello, Dan.

I nod, "I'm Kate."
He smiles at me, chasing his tone to a more darker tone, meant only for me, "Please stop messing with my daughter and her mate, otherwise the consequences will be severe."

Well well well, back to the warnings. He must not know who I am.

I smile back, "Well then, tell your daughter to stop making assumptions she can't prove. Now if you don't mind, I've got better things to do than to act scared and whimper helplessly under your command. So please, excuse me!"

I slam my binder closed picking up my stuff and leaving my shocked father behind. He doesn't control me anymore!

I storm though the hallways, stopping as I felt the familiar buzz of my phone.
My eyes skim over the contents, a text. A text from an unfamiliar number. Leave and never return or have yourself and your pack punished.

I roll my eyes slamming my phone back into my pocket and putting my backpack into my locker. I decided to leave my backpack at school, I've got no more homework and that paper is due in two weeks anyway.
I shut the locker door closed, turning on my heal.
I freeze as I flip around. In front of me stood a well-built handsome male. The boy smirked, tossing his styled brown hair to the side.

"I couldn't help but notice that such a pretty girl is lonely." His deep, rolling voice muses.
I roll my eyes, scoffing, "Im fine being lonely, it allows flirters to leave me be!"
He growls dangerously his eyes flashing yellow. "You are going to play for that bitch! Nobody talks back to me without my command!"
He gives an evil smile, "Maybe I might claim you... Teach your lesson!"

My breath hitches. My eyes quickly scan him, my body tensing as it mentally prepared itself for a fight. He is a werewolf based on the yellow tint in his eyes, and he has a player's charm. No voice sounded that smooth.
"She's mine!" growls a new voice. Wait, I lied. There is one natural voice that sounds like that.
My body tingles as a firm hand wraps around my waist, pulling me into a well-built body.

I'm his? What? My eyes travel to Ethan. However, his attention was focused on the werewolf.

In a blink of a second I am fling gently into a locker, my body getting stuck.
"Ethan!" I shout in anger. I could have taken him! Then, my fire melts away allowing fear to flow in. Not in fear for myself, but fear for my....um.. Never mind.

Ethan and the werewolf go into a death hold. Snarling erupts and I watching horror as the two lung at each other. One scratch from a werewolf could kill a vampire unless received the blood of a mate.

I wiggled in the little locker, my legs sticking out awkwardly as my body was jammed into the locker. I had to help Ethan! More groans and grunts sound out, and shrieks of pain.
I kept wiggling in worry, trying to get free as the fight became bloodier and bloodier. Both were equal in strength!

My world slows as I watch the claws rack across Ethan's face, meaning the death of him, and a punch sending him flying through the hall and to the outside.

"Ethan!" I squeal out my arms bending the metal around me. I felt the familiar warmth of my animal side giving me strength. Then I felt an icy cold run through my limbs. My scar burned, but it burn with ice.

I froze for a second. My scar did give me a very powerful magic. I never tried to tap in on the magic after that night.
But this time, I wasn't in control. I felt my speed and strength double, my weight minimize, and my senses come alive. The ice feeling burned through very part of me, making my body scream in pain, but I had to get to Ethan!

The werewolf gives me a sadistic smile, coming toward me. I jump out of the bent locker as the wolf lunged at me. With any easy push, I slammed him into the locker, causing a dent in the metal. He collapsed onto the floor, loosing conscience as I look down at my hands in surprise. I didn't know my scar gave me that much strength! I barely lifted a finger!

Then another emotion took hold of me and I wasn't in control again. I zoomed outside, papers flying off the walls from my speeds.

In a blink I was leaning over to Ethan. The scratches on his face oozing purple and green. The poison that would kill him.

"Ethan!" I shriek out. I look around. My only chance was to give him blood! I lifted him up with ease. Again surprised at my strength and ran into the cover of the forest.
My teeth bite into my skin, causing a steady flow of blood to begin. Ethan mumbles something, his mind lost.

I slam my bleeding fist against his lips, prying them open. He moaned in fear, before realizing what it was, then he moans in pleasure. His fangs grow out and I scream as they pierce my skin deeper, sucking up my blood hungrily. It's like he never had blood before.

My brain gets light-headed as the pain from his bite increases, his hands grappling onto mine to make sure I don't move. My scar numbs the pain, allowing it to make it bearable. Finally I hear him gasp as remove his fangs.

I sigh, a wave of relaxation hitting me as the warmth heals my cut and I fall backward, into his arms. I give him a slight smile, feeling the warmth of my animal side leave me and the power from my scar disappear.

He looks down at me, gently holding me as his face portrays shock, and realization. My eyes shut as my mind whirls, What did he realize?