Episode 13

My phone was ringing, and after laying on my bed for an hour doing nothing I had high hopes it would be Reki. It wasn't, it was Miya.

"Hello?"

"What are you doing right now? We've got to meet up to prep Langa for the beef."

"Shouldn't he really not be doing this?"

"Try telling him that. Reki's already said he refuses to listen."

I sighed heavily, pressing my hand to my forehead, "Alright, fine. Where to?"

"First, to pick him up from work. Meet you at Dope Sketch in thirty minutes."

He hung up and I blinked, looking down at my pajama's.

Ah shit.

-

I met up with them on my board just as Langa stepped out of the shop with his board.

"You're late, hag." Miya begin, and my eye twitched, "Also, what are you wearing?"

I blushed. I'd thrown on shorts, an old band t-shirt and grabbed my red zip up because they were the only things left laying around, and this kid is really going to make fun of me for it?!

"You actually look like a girl for once."

"You listen here you little brat, you're the one who looks like a Halloween enthusiast!"

"I do not!"

"Hey, enough you two. Let's go." Shadow growled, and Miya turned with a huff as I swear to god steam came out of my ears.

I walked along side Langa as we walked to the same old pink car we'd been using too often lately, and Langa glanced at me, "If it counts for anything, I think you look nice."

I scoffed, "Thanks, but I don't need you to tell me that."

"Yeah, I guess you'd prefer to hear it from Reki."

I jumped, what he said was so utterly true it almost felt like I should refute it, but I didn't. I crawled into the back of the car with Langa and pouted as I stared out the window, wondering if me and this Miya kid would ever get along. Even Reki and him were starting to treat each other better!

"By the way," Miya spoke up, and I moved just my eyes to his hair poking out from behind the car seat, "Just to confirm, Yuri, you are in love with Reki, right?"

"HOW THE HELL DID YOU FIND OUT?!" I screeched, snapping my head over to Langa who quickly looked away and started whistling like a fool. Miya complained about how I was just as loud and annoying as him and I honestly, was about to strangle him against the car seat.

"It's rather obvious." He said, "Right, Shadow?"

Shadow hummed in an uncomfortable manner, before he blurted out, "Well, you always blush when he gets close, and you cried when he got hurt."

"That- that was totally normal! You guys are just emotionally repressed! Weirdos!"

"Emotionally repressed?" Langa repeated.

"Yeah- like- smile for fucks sake-"

"Hey!" Shadow gasped, "There's a kid in here!"

"Don't look down on me!"

I groaned, slamming the back of my head off the car seat. But I knew, deep down, I couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

-

"Where have you been?"

I turned from studying Langa's movements to who Shadow was looking to, noticing Reki. I jumped down from the ledge to greet him, but he was staring at Langa and he didn't exactly look happy.