Episode 15

What the hell is this disgusting feeling?

I haven't felt this in all my life, and certainly not in the months I've spent with Reki.

Why... why is he staring at anothER GIRL?!?!?!

I had just stood there with my iced tea in hand and watched as Langa commented on how Reki must be thinking she was cute, and encouraging her to talk to him, and Miya even said something like "So that's the type of girl you're into?". Up until that moment, I'd never actually felt this kind of jealousy, that would make me actually worried about my appearance! Sure I worried what teachers and adults thought of me, but I always thought I could make Reki fall in love with me, for me!

Langa turned to glance at me, and when our eyes met he immediately flinched.

"Yuri... um... What's wrong?"

"Yuri, there you are! What took you so long! It's so hot~" Reki complained, and I frowned slightly, the anger faded but I still felt gross, "Can I have a sip?"

I took a deep breath, but, it didn't work. This time, Reki's beautiful face didn't make it all fade away. I was mad.

"No."

"Eh?!" He whined, and Miya scoffed.

"Go buy your own if you want one so bad." I added, turning to sip it myself and glaring into the distance. One day, he'll regret looking at anyone other than me.

Ah... wait... that thought sounded dangerous...

"What's with you today? Yuri? Why are you-" He gasped suddenly, and I turned to glare at him as he flailed about like an idiot, "Y-you're picking up on Miya's behavior!!"

I gaped, "I AM NOT!"

-

Miya, being the inclined spoiled brat he is, suggested we all pack our things and go to a special hot springs that had been marketing itself as healing. He suggested it for Reki, and so of course we all agreed to go. It was summer vacation too, so who could even say no? And then, just before we left I realized my brother was coming too.

Oddly enough, wherever my brother was, Kaoru was.

I shut my eyes for a moment as I stretched, trying not to think about the time I caught Kaoru and my brother in my brothers room, awkwardly sitting together at the coffee table doing 'homework' together. I always knew my brother was such a hoe he probably liked both genders, though, so nothing was really surprising to me at that point.

What's surprising is that now, the two gagged and groaned every time they saw each other. I don't really know what happened, but I just hope Reki and I never end up like that.

Reki's cast was off, and he was still healing, but he was well enough now to skate again as long as he didn't do anything reckless. Langa and I had been regulating him pretty closely too. We sped along the roads of the island and Shadow yelled from behind in the rental he'd brought along to carry all our luggage. For once, he didn't have that creepy makeup all over his face and seemed much more like the normal uncle we all clung to.

Then, my brother went on ahead like usual and did some fancy trick. Reki was mesmerized, as usual, and seeing him with sparkles in his eyes after what's happened recently almost prevented me from being able to catch his wrist when he went to copy my brother.

"No, Reki!" I yelled in a breath, we slowed down on our boards and even Langa slowed to meet us too.

"What?" Reki asked, pouting.

"You're still healing." I reminded, "You promised nothing reckless until you were fully healed!"

Langa nodded, and Reki just scowled, "What are you, my mom?"

I froze, a dreadful, dark ugly aura spread throughout my body and for the first time upon meeting the love of my life, I wanted to punch his nose in. First, he goes around blushing while staring at other girls, and then, he makes that kind of comment!

"Well. God forbid I worry about the guy I like." I whispered, completely ignored by Reki as he sped off again, Langa close behind.

I pushed off to follow and Miya met with me, smirking, "Still jealous about earlier?"

I clenched my teeth, "Shut up! You wouldn't even know what love is!"

"Whatever," He rolled his eyes, "Come on, loosen up! Let's have fun!"

I silenced, and let him roll ahead. Well, who would I be to deny him when the beach is right there like that!

-

I yanked off my shirt, my bathing suit underneath. I pulled my hair from my pony tail and took out my bobby pins, letting the waves loose. My hair was messy, but I felt cute, and I was going to ride with it. I followed the others into the water and fooled around with them, splashing and playing volley ball in the water.

Even when Reki served it right into my face, I just laughed it off. Reki tripped trying to get to me asking if I was okay, and I just laughed harder, dropping to my knees in the water.

"Stop laughing!" Reki gasped as his head shot up, his hair was a wet mess and his bandana was falling down because it was soaked heavy.

I reached up unconsciously and moved the bandana out of his eyes, feeling his hair with the edge of my fingers. His eyes widened slightly and I could see their amber colour so much better, bright with the light of the sun. I could look into them forever. And then, we were both attacked by a giant wave Shadow created by jumping in the water with a pool floatie around his waist.

We coughed, gasping, and Reki's bandana was now around his neck as he looked back at Shadow with wide, scared eyes, "What the hell man?!"

"It's a wave pooooool!" Langa screeched, joining in, and Reki and I scrambled to get on our feet before we were drowned.

-

Eventually, Langa passed out from the heat so we moved back to our spot in the sand under an umbrella. Reki and Miya fanned him while I brought some large cups of shaved ice. Miya dried off and pulled out his Nintendo switch, and I laid back, moaning slightly as my muscles relaxed. The salt from the water made my skin feel weird, but it was comforting some how.

I lurched up when Miya started screaming, and then sweat dropped when Reki shoved me the snow and the spoon and told me to 'tell his mother he loved her' before running away from the angry cat boy.

"Wow." I mumbled, and Shadow sighed, slurping up the rest of his yaki soba that he just bought.
Langa watched with tired eyes, munching on his ice, "Is he really your type of guy, Yuri?"
"Stop asking me that as if I'm some kind of different breed of human." I replied quickly, shoving some ice in my mouth.

After a few minutes, Miya and Reki came back out of breath and sat down, Shadow going off to get some drinks for everyone. After spending all morning at the beach, the warmth and the feeling of the water drying onto my skin was finally starting to make me tired.

"Hey, where's Joe?" Shadow asked, returning with the drinks. He knelt down and handed me mine, and I turned to hand Miya his.

"Over there." Reki replied.

I glanced over with Miya to see my idiot brother right where I figured he'd be. In front of two cute girls, flirting, and I scoffed.

"Is he really your brother?" Miya asked, "You never explained that. You guys don't look alike."

I frowned, sipping my drink, "I'm... I'm adopted."

"Oh." He muttered, and I refrained from looking at him.

I hated telling people... it was so weird. What did it even matter anyways? I probably felt awkward because I knew it was obvious we didn't look alike, and my brother was obviously attractive, loaded with muscles, cool tattoos, and a good cook? I wasn't as cool as him.

"Hey, Miya?"

"What?"

"I'll buy you whatever you want if you go over to that hoe right now and call him 'papa' and say 'mama' wants him back." I paused for a moment as I thought, "And you can point to Ko-uh, Cherry, as 'mama'. How 'bout it?"

I looked to the side, just to meet his eyes, and the glint I saw in them was more than enough. I watched him set his Switch down and walk over, rolling his neck as he did so. He dropped to his knees and tugged on my brothers pants, and as he began his act I couldn't keep in my laugh despite holding my breath.

"Please! Don't take Papa from me!"

My stomach burned as I keeled over banging on the sand as I gasped for air, tears gathering at my eyes at my brothers distress.

He went above and beyond! I'm gonna get him some ice cream too!

"Yuri!" Kojiro barked, "This was your idea, wasn't it?!"

I sucked in a breath and stood, "HELL YEAH IT WAS! MIYA! YOU'RE THE MVP!"

He smirked, "Darn right, and don't you forget it!"