Episode 23

Kaoru had told me that I should do the confession alone, as it wouldn't overwhelm either of us or pressure anyone. But having Langa as the one and only member of the audience actually was more supportive than not. He had a kind smile, and stood back to let us have our space, watching with a grin.

Well, he also had his phone out recording it for some reason, but I was definitely going to have him send it to me later.

"Kyan Reki!" I called, making the male tense.

"Y-yes!"

"Right now, I'm going to answer your question. I'm gonna address those rumors you heard. Now that you're back to the Reki I know best, you deserve to know!"

"O-okay."

I swallowed, and took one last deep breath. Reki wasn't the first person I've ever liked. I used to have a crush on this boy who was shorter then me in middle school. He was weird and dumb like me, but we were never close like Reki and I are now. Back then when I thought of confessing to him, I got so scared I couldn't even open my mouth.

But now, looking at Reki, even though my heart was racing so fast I felt like I might literally have to be hospitalized, I knew what I wanted to say and my mouth didn't feel heavy.

"Those rumors were right. Those girls, Erika told them I had a crush on you and they took that as permission to talk shit about me, and in turn, about you. But Erika wasn't lying. I do have a crush on you. I really, really, really like you Reki. More than I like skating. More than I like fighting. More than food, and the sunset, and huge, pretty clouds!" I exclaimed, and for a second it felt like my cheeks and neck were on fire, but I didn't let it get to me.

"I like your hair, and your eyes, and the way you talk! I love how inspiring you are, and how excited you always are for things - even if you can't do them right away! You're determined, and cool, and smart, and no one can convince me otherwise! I'll always support you, no matter what! And just like you promised, I'll promise you too, that even if you don't like me the same way as I like you - I'll never leave your sight!"

Bowing down and holding out the cookies, I heard him gasp, "Reki, I like you, so much. Please accept my feelings, and consider going out with me!"

He breathed out, and I glanced up to see him run a hand through his hair, and then rub his cheeks like a child. Was he crying? Or was that just because he was blushing and he wanted to hide it?

I looked back to the ground, holding strong. My brother told me not to give him an option when I confession, but Kaoru told me I'd come off possessive and it might make Reki more hesitant. It was his dignity, or something, that I needed to be easy on. Letting Reki also have the chance to officially be the one to ask for a real relationship would help him feel good and manly too, so I went with Kaoru's idea.

I really hope this works - my arms hurt! Just take the cookies already!

"U-um... I-I like you too, Yuri." Reki muttered, just loud enough as he took the cookies from my hands, and I stood so fast and grinned so wide it almost hurt.

Reki's face was redder then ever, and mine probably was too.

"Really?! You really do?!" I asked, leaning forward to try and look into his eyes even as he turned his head away from me.

"I-I do!" He sputtered, "Why? Don't believe me?"

I clasped my hands together, laughing it off, "I was just really nervous. I figured maybe, in the least, you'd ask me to wait."

"There's no point in that." Reki smile gently, reaching out and taking my hand in his, "You're pretty, and you've always been good to me. It was me who never believed you'd like me."