EIGHTEEN

"Kh.... Khala? Is that.... you?" She questioned breathlessly. Her fist went to her racing heart as fear settled inside her.

"Muskaaaan....oh my bacchi! Thank goodness I can finally speak to you!" Her khala cried across the phone.

Muskan gulped forgetting the ability to speak. Her khala's harsh words and actions as she kicked her out of her own House began haunting her making her sweat with fear and anxiety.

"Muskan....beta we were soo worried about you."

"M...me?" Muskan asked surprised. Her Khala was worried about her? Just hearing that made her feel bittersweet.

"Are you ok there my bacchi? That monster doesn't hurt you right?"

Muskan frowned.
"He's not a monster Khala. Please don't say such things about my husband."

That woman began crying harder worrying innocent Muskan.
"Please forgive us beta....blood is thicker than water my bacchi and How can I not call him a monster? He stole the roof from over our heads, your bhaijaan's and Khalu too lost thier jobs and now we are being thrown on the streets. What will I do in this old age of mine.... where will I take my poor family...what will I feed them beta....help us my bacchi....help us...I know we have done you wrong but we are your own blood beta...have pity on us."

Muskan couldn't hold back her own tears. They were her family no matter how terrible they were to her. And that poor hearted girl melted instantly hearing her Khala plea. But she was confused as to why she was blaming her husband.

"Khala...how can Rehan...do such things?"

"You don't know him beta, he's a gangster. He hurts and threatens people and gets his way. He threatened us too by sending his gangsters into your parents house and .....took away the Power of attorney. Now as your husband is owning the power of attorney, he'll own the house and everything that was your parents'. Now he even sent us a notice from court to evacuate the house. I got this number of yours by going through hoops...we miss you beta.
I think....he only took you away and married you for your parents' property beta ...save yourself beta.....and save us too beta... I beg you...... please Muskan..."

Muskan sank on the bed shocked. Of course her husband couldn't do such a thing. He loved her and not her property. But why would he harm his family like that?

He's a gangster....he hurts and threatens people.

These words echoed in her ears giving her a headache. She had to confront him about it.

∆∆∆∆

"KHUSHI! Where is she? Where's my khushi?" Yasir stormed into the house yelling like a mad man.

"Yasir, you're back already beta? And why are you screaming like that?" Zarina ma inquired stepping out of the kitchen.

"Where's Khushi?" He questioned anxiously.

"Uh...in her room. Why? Is something the matter?" She asked hesitantly noticing his uneasiness.

"She's been crying for hours and NO one even noticed?!" He yelled making her flinch.

"What? We... we didn't knew...."

She went silent, watching him rush towards his bedroom. She was worried too now and also stuck between the dilemma of checking up on her and leaving the husband and wife alone on their personal matter. Khushi had never cried soo much in a long time...which was making her more worried.

Yasir opened the door anxiously and found his wife sitting on the bed still sobbing. Relief flooded over him seeing her unharmed. Shutting the door behind him he rushed to her getting down on hus knees beside her near the bed to see her face.
"Jaan... what's wrong Jaan? Are you ok? Did you get hurt? Did anyone hurt you? Please tell me Jaan.... I'm hear now..." He wiped her tears before checking her from head to toe.