SEVEN

"Exactly how, my Yasir chose to love me even though.....
I was tainted by my own Father."

Muskan's hand flew to her mouth as she gasped loudly hearing Khushi's words.

Her own father? Is that even possible? What does that even mean?!

Khushi laid down on the floor resting her head on Muskan's lap.
"You know, Rehan bhai and my husband are both in the Mafia line right?"

Muskan nodded meekly. She kinda had an idea about it but she didn't know what exactly they did.

"But do you know how they got into it?"

Muskan shook her head silently.

"Our father....was a terrible man. He was a Mafia too and everyone trembled just hearing his name. He did all the wrong things in the world. Every crime....every sin.
Our mother was a beautiful woman. One day, he even kidnapped her and....raped her. Her parents were too scared to show thier faces too the world as she got pregnant too. So, her parents did the worst thing any parents could do. Handed thier daughter over to the same man who ruined her. They made her marry him.
After that, Rehan bhai was born. But instead of resenting him, our mother loved him dearly because he was her own blood. She was really a kind hearted woman stuck with a monster.
After 4 years, I was born. He ruined my mother every night saying he had a right on her. He abused her, tortured her...did every horrible thing to her, but she beared it all. Just for our sake. We grew up watching him hit and abuse our mother. I used to tremble and wet my pants whenever I saw it but bhai couldn't take it and usually jumped in between. And that man used to take out his anger on him instead in his drunk state. In the hopeless state we were living in... our loving mother was our only ray of faith. However,
A day came when we even lost that ray...by the hands of that same monster. He killed our mother too. Our mother had hid us both in the bedroom...and....we couldn't save her that night."
Khushi's voice trembled.

"After that, he became even more hopeless. His business went down, his partners left him and he drowned himself in alcohol. Bhai took care of me....and so did Yasir whom our father had brought in. The only good thing he ever did.
I was in 10th grade when accidentally I was left alone in the house with that monster.
No matter what kinda man he was, he was still my father and being my mother's daughter, I couldn't help but pity him. So I went to check on him. He was dead drunk so making sure not to disturb him, I placed a blanket over him and began cleaning his table. Suddenly, he woke up and grabbed me. I tried to run but he hit me numerous times and...dragged me to the bed.... forcing himself at me.
Bhai and Yasir came right on time and seeing my condition thier eyes turned red with fury and they both tried to pull him off me.
But that man was really a beast. Even with both thier strengths they couldn't control him. They had a huge scrabble and in thier defence, bhai accidentally pushed him down the stairs where he cracked his neck and died."

Muskan was sobbing by now hearing Khushi's story. Her heart ached imagining just how much the cheerful and always happy seeming woman had went through. She couldn't believe it that behind her cheerful aura hid such a dark past. She and Rehan both.

Thier mother died because of thier father and thier father died....not because of his brother but his own sins.

"My brother killed my father. That's what the world says but...they don't know the whole story." Khushi continued.
"As for scars...my whole body is covered with unfading scars of abuse from all those years, always reminding me of those dark times. But my Yasir accepted me, scares and all, and he loves me with all his heart. Cutie....you say your disabled? So am I. You know, it's been almost 5 years to our marriage still I've been unable to bear a child that my Yasir so eagerly desires. We tried everything, every prayer, treatment, medicine. But nothing. Hell, I can't even cook.... Still, my Yasir hasn't given up on me, nor will he ever. You know why?" She sat up and held Muskan's hand.