TWENTY-FIVE

"Rehan"

A shaky breath escaped his lips hearing his name in her voice. When was the last time his name sounded soo beautiful and meaningful to him, he wondered.

"My butterfly..." He breathed and all of a sudden Muskan jolted up the bed and threw herself on him. Rehan couldn't comprehend if it was a dream or reality and he just sat there frozen.

"Rehan....oh Rehan...." She was by now wailing on his shoulder, moving her arms soo desperately all over his back and hair as if he would just disappear.

"Y... you're really here right? Rehan.... please....say something..." She begged him crying.

Rehan held her tightly shedding his own tears in the crook of her neck.
"Yes butterfly.... it's me...." he whispered feeling the emptiness inside him disappear.

"I.... I missed you.... I missed you soo much.... I can't live without you...."

"Me neither.... please come back to...."

He was cut off with her soft lips sealed tightly over his. His eyes widened for a second but he soon gave in returning her fervor. Yet she was too wild for him as it was even getting hard for him to match her pace. She got on her knees hovering over him slightly and he didn't care even if he died at that moment.

After an eternity, she broke the kiss resting her forehead on his, both gasping and panting still not able to get thier hands away from eachother.

"Butterfly...."

"Please.... don't say anything... I don't want this moment to end.... please Rehan...." She whispered touching his face, neck down his shoulders, everywhere.

So he agreed not saying anything. Just drinking away her tears and showering gentle kisses all over her face and neck. That's when he realised....she hadn't opened her eyed even once to see him.

He swallowed the lump in his throat, and laid on the bed pulling her gently to his chest as they held onto eachother. There was no sound, just the music of thier hearts beating for eachother.

"I wish.... I never got my eyesight back. I wish.... I was still oblivious to the truth so that we could stay like this forever. We were soo happy weren't we? But I just had to be selfish. I just couldn't be content with all the happiness that the Lord had blessed me with. Maybe that's why we're being punished like this."

He said nothing...just held her tighter because he was scared out of his mind knowing well that....she wanted to say goodbye and there was no way he could stop her.

She slowly took his hand from around her waist and lifting her top a little placed it over her bare abdomen.

"Can you feel it?"

Rehan frowned as there was nothing but her warmth but when he closed his eyes concentrating, he occasionally yet momentarily felt slight vibrations. Her abdomen felt a bit bloated too to his touch. And his blood ran cold in his veins as realisation hit him like a wreaking ball.

"I'm pregnant."

His eyes shot open and she felt his heartbeat getting faster.
"I always wonder how would you feel like if I ever gave you such a news. Would you be happy? would you blush?..." She smiled.
"....or would you be scared? Maybe you would be angry? But I never imagined this situation." She chuckled softly without humour.