32: I just want to be rich and lazy

RED

After Link ties up Darla and her companion on both their hands and feet with thin twig tied and rolled into a make shit rope, we immediately continue where we left off, except we walk in silence, everyone stuck with their own thoughts. Link and Rory were probably thinking of how to one up each other in their little love game, Darla is probably cursing me right now, her companion is still kind of groggy and probably not thinking about anything as of the moment- not that I care. 

"We'll be there in 200 meters." Link says as both he an Rory position themselves between me and Darla, probably some strategic formation. That or they just want to low key stay beside each other and use my protection as reason. 

"I see them, they're all waiting." Rory mumbles and looks ahead. 

I do the same thing but still, I can't see or even sense anyone. If I get a gold coin for the amount of times in this trip that I have been reminded I have no more wolf, I'd be rich enough to live on my own for years. 

at least you have yourself. 

That's right! I can talk to myself, just like this. It's not like our wolves talked to us anyway. They just really made us feel things. 

"Red!" My monologue was interrupted and I was suddenly wrapped in a bear hug and lifted off the ground as big arms squeezed me tightly to a hard chest, a chest I would know anywhere... I mean I just spent the whole night last night on said chest-

"Red, your thoughts are quite dangerous right now." I turn to Vos and bite my lower lips. I give him a smile and place my arms around him while I plant a kiss on his neck. 

"Well, what you did was dangerous too! I was lost in thought and you suddenly tackle me! What if I kicked your balls because of fright!? I want to have children, waterfly!" Vos releases me and plants a tender kiss on my forehead that leaves me tingly all over. 

"Red, please stop talking about making children." He groans and pulls me towards him again and he sniffs my neck. 

wait...

"Oh my Goddess! Vos release me! I probably smell like shit!" I step back and attempt to shove him away but he chuckles out loud and pulls me back in. 

"Shit smells good when it comes from you." at his statement I feel myself turn red all over. I could hear Link hold a laugh behind me and Rory was probably the same way too. I mean okay, maybe not... Rory is stoic afterall.

"Vos!" I slap him but relax in his embrace-

"Vos..." and just like that, the little bubble that Vos had me in was popped in a second by Darla who somehow sank on the floor, with her legs and hands still bound together. 

I frown. What. the. hell. All Link did was tie her hands and ankles and somehow on she looks disheveled and magically has a bruise on her face? When the hell did that happen? and somehow her legs that were tied loosely enough for her to be able to walk and follow us was tied tightly. Enough that it looked like the ropes were rubbing her skin raw but as I was stuck in another monologue what I didn't notice was Vos taking out a long sword and precisely aiming it at her jugular. 

"Vos..." She tries once again and attempts to move forward but Vos didn't budge, making the tip of his sword touch her neck. 

"You have no right to call me that. Not anymore, Darla." I cringed the sight of blood slowly starting to drip from her neck. "I told you not to show yourself before my mate but you deliberately escaped the camp just to find her." 

"I- I didn't escape-"

"You came out of your own will to give us information. The only reason Orion didn't put you in one of the cells is because we needed information but you betrayed us by running and disappearing and now you dare show your face to me, with my mate out of all things!?" I could feel Vos' rage from where I stood but I didn't attempt to soothe him. Hehe I want to see him angry at this bitch for crossing me.