30: Killing two birds with one bad idea

RED

Hours pass and we're still walking this seemingly endless forrest.

"Wait can we rest? Please?" Rory turns to me with a glare, her baby hair sticking to her forehead as sweat coats her small face. 

"We can't rest." She huffs out loud, taking in my sore feet. "We're almost there so, just suck it up, we don't want to be still walking here when the night comes." I sigh and mumble to myself. My feet weren't the only things that were sore but she doesn't have to know that, if she did she'd definitely roll her eyes and make up some snarky remarks. 

"Do you at least have water?" I huff out, swallowing my very dried out saliva. 

She stops once again and turns to me and gestures to her tight-fitting black clothes. "Do I look like I have water hidden somewhere beneath these clothes? Like do I look like Mary Poppins that my pocket will just amazingly have everything you need in this world???" She replies, dragging the word everything along. She's mad alright! but I now realize that making her mad is fun, so I shall keep doing it teehee. 

"I mean she had a bag so..." She closes her eyes and seems to be counting to ten before she takes really deep breaths. 

"That is not the point, Red." Her voice is eerily calm and collected and honestly, it gave me that chills. this can only mean one thing-- She's ready to pummel me to the ground and I am sooo not ready to meet the ground, like why even do people drag people to the ground. 

Cause of annoying people like you, bish. 

Shut up, self! 

"Sorry." I quickly back away and bite my lower lip when she turns back around and resumes walking. 

I quickly make sure to fall in step with her, ignoring my burning soreness as we were once again enveloped in weird silence. 

A few minutes pass and the burning in my throat only intensified, I did the most logical thing anyone in my position would do. I call for my best friend-- one of them at least but you get my point. 

"LINKKKKKKK~~~~" I scream, cringing  at the hoarseness of my own voice. I didn't care that Rory freezes mid step, this is now between life and death. 

Not even twenty second later, Link appears from behind us looking all mighty and sweaty-- a view I know Rory would greatly appreciate but the aforementioned woman is currently kicking pebbles on the ground. 

"Did you need something?" He asks his eyes drifting ever so slightly to his mate who is dead- ass ignoring us. Hmph, how rude. 

You really have no place to call people rude, Red. 

Yes I do! I should be the only rude one! because my rudeness is adorable. 

Oh God, cringe my dude. 

I roll my eyes on my self and smile at link as I eye the duffel bag slung across his shoulders-- something I don't remember seeing earlier, by the way. Any way, while we're here I should take this opportunity to stall for my tired feet, drink water water Link has and prolong the exposure between Link and Rory.

Three birds with one stone! Easy Peasy. 

"Ummm, do you so happen to have like some life liquid on you?" He raises his eyebrows, a small smirk forming on his face. He totally knew what I was doing. Who the hell calls water life liquid? but as always, Link goes along with it-- he always does. 

"I sure do! These come for a price though." He says slyly, okay good good he's joining my 'grab Rory's attention game' 

"What do you want? My mate is rich, my other best friend is a princess and my self- proclaimed godmother is a Queen! Name your price!" Link lets out a small chuckle andI continue "-oh and my mother is a doctor! doctors are rich!" 

Link lets out a full blown chuckle this time and I couldn't help but glance at Rory secretly who was ever so slightly turning her head in our direction. 

Oh yes dear girl, don't you just want to see your mate laugh? Just a few more degrees and you'll see it! You'll see Link being all goofy and handsome! Not as handsome as Vos but close enough hihi. 

"I don't want cash or materials..." He says tilting his head to Rory's direction with a smirk. 

I laugh and nod my head surreptitiously. "Hmmm let me guess, a hug? a tackle to the ground? a tree climbing contest?" At this, Rory visibly flinches as she huffs and goes back to kicking pebbles. 

"I haven't seen you in a long long time Red-red" Red-red? what in the world is this boy going on about. 

You idiot! the make Rory jealous plan! 

Right. 

"And what are you implying exactly?" He opens his arms and speaks to me with his eyes. I am so sure what he meant is just to go jump to him and give him a big hug but the way he points to his cheek with his index finger would obviously be a cause for misunderstanding, especially when you don't know that this is meant to rile up a certain mate in denial. 

"Oh!" I exclaim and pretend to have an epiphany. "Okay! Ready, get set-" I yell, as loud as my voice would allow me at least. I mean basically I have no more voice and if I speak softly, I guarantee no one would hear me. 

"Wait!" I smirk. She took the bait. 

I turn my head to Rory who finally decides to face us. Her cheeks were red she was breathing quite heavily. Classic signs of jealousy. See? three birds with one stone. 

"I have water." I turn to her and raise my eyebrows as she bends down, lifts her skin tight jeans and produces a small rectangular cellophane bag. Also, I just want to mention that I DID NOT miss Link's eyes run over her back side- I mean body. Ugh, Link is such an animal. 

Rory stands straight then hands me the sealed small plastic. See? all this time this bish had water. 

"Hurry up and drink it, we've wasted enough time." I smile, accepting the object from her and wink at Link who seems to be satisfied with the reaction his mate gave off. 

I hurriedly gulp up the warm water, finally feeling quenched for the first time since that encounter this morning. I'm so sure if I weren't in survival mode right now my stomach would have been growling like a motheref. 

"I mean if you only gave me water the first hundred times I asked it, we wouldn't be here." I say handing her back the almost empty plastic and turn to link with my arms out extended. 

"Your mate is boring and grumpy, please carry me kind sir!" I say with a broad smile on my face. 

"Red you should really be more worried about our situation." He says with an exasperated smile as he pulls one of my outstretched arms hard enough that I was behind him in an instant. 

"Because thanks to your yelling earlier, we seem to be having company." He looks at Rory but she was already in a defensive crouch, snarling at something within the woods. 

A/N:

Heeyyy! I am so sorry for the super late update. My writer block is semi fixed and so is my laptop! If you still haven't abandoned this story, thank you so much for your patience and time T.T 

You guys the real MVP <3 

Anywhooo, this chapter is more fluff and fun because the next few chapters will probably be anything but :) 

Comment, like, subscribe and smile :)